PSC Particle Systems Collider

Version 1.1 Released
First post info updated.

3 Likes

Hello, this is a naive question, but if I use the PSC Particle System Collider, will the Particle Objects never contact each other?
Currently, there are methods for scattering Object surfaces, points, and volumes, but can scattering such as Volume be done without contacting Particle Objects?

Hello Anminmakura.
With the PSC addon, you can achieve non-intersecting particle objects with one-two clicks. if you don’t want them to contact/touch each other, you can set a larger particle object collision radius.
Big advantages of the PSC add-on is the non-destructive workflow with particle systems without simulations or unwanted changes in particle distribution. You can use multiple different particle systems and interact each other according hierarchy.
So far, the add-on only supports Hair type particles, but I also have plans for the Emitter type. I’m waiting for what the Particle Nodes will bring.

1 Like

Hi, I bought a Particle Systems Collider as soon as possible.
And just a quick report.

In the description in the addon, it is mentioned that the supported version of Blender is blender: (2, 80, 0), so I checked if it works with the old 32bit Blender 2.80 RC3, which is the Blender environment I use.

I thought it wouldn’t work, but…

I was able to install Particle Systems Collider, but when I used the add-on, I got the following error, so I’ll mention it.

Also, if Blender 2.80 is not covered by the add-on, I would recommend you to increase the corresponding version of Blender.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:~~AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\particle_systems_collider.py”, line 1338, in execute
density_texture = create_new_texture(map_name + obj.name +str(a_indx+1), texture_data, texture_resolution)
File “C:~~AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\particle_systems_collider.py”, line 634, in create_new_texture
bpy.ops.image.new(name=name, width=resolution, height=resolution, color=(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0), alpha=False, generated_type=‘BLANK’, float=False, use_stereo_3d=False, tiled=False)
File “C:\Program Files\Windows GD\blender-2.80rc3-windows32\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 201, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword “tiled” unrecognized

Hey Anminmakura.
I can’t find any mention of changing this operator’s API. This error occurs probably because Blender had a bug in the old version.
I made a quick fix for you and tested it in the old Blender version 2.80. Everything works now.
Thanks for reporting and enjoy your PSC.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response!
Thank you for making a great add-on.
I’m looking forward to future updates. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m adding new features.
With the upcoming version 1.2, it will be possible to remove particles around others with feather option.

psc16

7 Likes

Hi, I bought the addon in gumroad, Its a great addon . However, can it work with children in particle?

Hi Hgntrung. Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately, Blender does not offer full control over children’s particles separately from the parent particles. Children particles are special instances and you can only remove their parent.

spiv

19d

Thanks for the quick response! do you have the tutorial to use gather camera yet ? I’m trying to find it out

it’s not complicated.

• Turn on Gather option for your particle systems.
  • Choose your Gather Camera.
  • Click on Rebuild Collisions.

If you have animated camera, you have the option to turn on ordering of calculations for a consistent result of removed particles.
(PSC Settings / Animated Gather Camera)

You must use special function for rendering animated Gather Camera.
(Blender Top Bar / Render / Render Animation With PSC)

Thank you very much for your support

1 Like