PSP programming ... (discussion)

Hi , and actually i’m dedicated these days for programming the psp games:RocknRoll: …
http://www.psp-programming.com/forums/
before 2 weeks , i have bought a PSP (not slim type) and it is fun :stuck_out_tongue: , …
i’m learning c++ , dreaming to make anything in the psp :eyebrowlift:
and i will try to convert blender games to it (this would be after making some experiments in the c++ programming for psp )
and when i do something i will post it here for you to share :stuck_out_tongue:
there are a lot of homebrew games made for psp , and 3d games too for sure :yes:
if you know anything about making a psp game , can you share it woth us ?

I am 99% certain that blender cannot make executables for the psp (unless you meant that you can convert normal exe’s to whatever the psp uses?)
so, I expect you’d have to get yourself a psp devkit or some such thing and make the game for the psp from the start (as opposed to making the game then converting it)

Hi Belias,

If you have a dev kit, it should be possible to convert either Blender itself ( although using keys to model might make this difficult ) - see PocketBlender at http://russose.free.fr/BlenderPocket. PocketBlender shows how a single person can take the Blender source code, and achieve what most people thought was impossible!

An easier option ( but still a lot of work ) - and definitely an option that most people on this list would prefer - would be to just compile the BlenderPlayer for the PSP. This means that any game ( created in Blender on non-PSP ) would run as stand-alone on PSP ( you might have to link to the external .blend file, otherwise you would have to write a program to merge the .blend with the executable into one file ( how it occurs now ).

Hope that helps, and good luck with the project!!!
Mal

thanks too much

I am 99% certain that blender cannot make executables for the psp (unless you meant that you can convert normal exe’s to whatever the psp uses?)

and i’m certain 100% that nothing is impossiple
when i was a kid , i said that it is impossiple for me to create a 3d game :slight_smile:

so, I expect you’d have to get yourself a psp devkit or some such thing and make the game for the psp from the start (as opposed to making the game then converting it)

i have the psp devkit and now i’m setting the Environment for it , but i will try to make a conversion too
as example the game (prince of persia) was made for
PC , PS2 , PSP … etc
so there is a way to convert it :slight_smile:

If you have a dev kit, it should be possible to convert either Blender itself

aha …

( although using keys to model might make this difficult ) - see PocketBlender at http://russose.free.fr/BlenderPocket. PocketBlender shows how a single person can take the Blender source code, and achieve what most people thought was impossible!

great , but what would keys mean here … input system ? , i know that it is not a very clever question …
i will try to use pocketblender and i will tell you :slight_smile: ,

This means that any game ( created in Blender on non-PSP ) would run as stand-alone on PSP ( you might have to link to the external .blend file, otherwise you would have to write a program to merge the .blend with the executable into one file ( how it occurs now ).

ok , thanks both

i can’t understand what is the relationship between blender for pocket pc and making psp games , and the pc showed that it is not a valid exe file !

thanks anyway

As far as I can tell, there’s no real relationship. MalCando was simply stating that porting Blender to another completely different computing platform is definitely possible. Blender was simply made to be used on comptuers.

Pocket PC’s are a different and that was merely an example of how someone’s hardwork can actually make blender work on a different computing platform. So merely, it was just to show that if it can work on Pocket PC’s you can somehow try to make blender work on PSP as well.

This will not be a trivial task, but it would be so great if it could be achieved.

Jason Lin

the pc showed that it is not a valid exe file

did you run it on a desktop instead of a mobile? I happen to be running blender on my pocketpc, using that exe- it’s valid for the PPC. too bad I don’t have a keyboard for it- blender’s bad enough on a vga screen, without a third of it being used up by a software keyboard ^^

ya man totally with you have wanted to make a PSP game for my psp and ya that would be aswome if you could figure out how to do it

i will try to convert blender games to it (this would be after making some experiments in the c++ programming for psp )

Converting Blender to the PSP, DS, or another device is very possible. All you need is a compiler for the device you want to use, and find the source code to the blenderplayer of your chose. The only down side of compiling Blender for different devices, is that not all devices use the same C++/C commands. Take a look at the Lunix and Windows builds. They are very similar but a few lines of code many need to be changed for the file system.

you might have to link to the external .blend file, otherwise you would have to write a program to merge the .blend with the executable into one file

You could make a program to do this but it is much easier to do this with this simple hack. Just open your blender folder (C:/Program Files/Blender Foundation/Blender/) and replace the new build (PSP blendplayer) and replace it with the default Blendplayer.exe. Then rename the PSP blendplayer to this: " blendplayer.exe ". Then open Blender and make a runtime. Blender will think it is a normal blendplayer and it will write the blend to the end of the file. Next, open the file you just made with blender in some type of text document like notepad. Save the file as a normal file without any extensions. If you follow the steps correctly you have a blend file written to the end of your blendplayer. This also works if you want to put a blend file in a jpeg file, png file, bin file, dll, txt, nds, pds, prc, cpp, py, html, basically any file.

I would download a demo or two from their site, and try to dismantle it. Study the components and try to see what they do. Try and mimic them and try to make something. Who knows! I’d certainly love to have any game on a psp made in blender. That would be cool if I could adapt my game into a PSP game. Good Luck!

Great! u thing its possible to make blender for psp???

u thing its possible to make blender for psp???

Yes, I KNOW you can for a fact. Any device that can uses C/C++ and can render 3D graphics can run blender.

Yes, I KNOW you can for a fact. Any device that can uses C/C++ and can render 3D graphics can run blender.

delta , i’m belias , well psp uses c++ , and it uses LUA too …
so it possible … i will work on it :slight_smile:

hi mates , i’m too happy with my first application which was showing …
“my 1st psp app by 3DGURU”
and now i’m working on making a counter that counts tell the user presses [X] button :slight_smile:

:smiley: