Pumpkin biomechanical mech

More details for both the mechanical parts as well as the pumpkin layer, I split a bit of the front into the neck’s machine to help blending the pumpkin’s body to the parts

1 Like

Almost done with the modeling, only a few more details and parts left to do, the texturing part should be easy, since I plan on using decals instead of having to unwrap it.

1 Like

Almost done with the whole thing, I think I should start sculpting the goo now and hopefully it will look like goo, or sort of :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Render environment time ! I’m gonna be going for Scorn type of environment design but more pumpkin-y. The shader already look pretty awesome

3 Likes

Hopefully I can finish this before Halloween, basically 2 more days, so I’ll have to kitbash quite a few things, good thing I already have the same-same style assets from previous projects

1 Like

Close to completion ! Just a few more things to throw in and it’s done, the detail upclose is guuuddd. It will even be better with some paintovers in Photoshop

3 Likes

This is awesome! Thx for the narration along the way. Interesting to hear how you’re approaching / thinking about the project. Great work!

1 Like

Thanks a lot ! I also recorded every steps of the creation process and will be narrating them for a youtube video later on, but it might take a while tho, my editing skill is still quite newbie haha

The render is Done ! Now I’m getting into the paintover, this is still WIP for the paintover tho, I’m too tired today to continue :smiling_face_with_tear: but it’s some organic detail like visualize the goo even further, emphasize more on the biomechanical aspect, that is not something I can easily and quickly achieve in Blender. So a paintover will have to do, which also mean I can only have this one angle and nothing else.

3 Likes

The hero shot is done ! Now I’m just going to finish up all the close up shots, then compile 9hrs of footage into 20 or 25 minute narrated tutorial :smiling_face_with_tear: this is gonna be quite hard

3 Likes

It is doneeee !!! But I’m gonna wait a while to post it to Finished category since I also want to upload a tutorial video alongside it. It’s currently being done with some possible narration ideas tested

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G8QVqQ

Bonus a pic of all the machineries used on the walker

3 Likes

This looks SO cool. Well done, you’ve really made something unique, creative, and incredible!

1 Like

Thank you for yours and everyone else’s supports for my motivation throughout the project :partying_face:

1 Like

This is the video preview for the tutorial idea so far. I’m developing a new ( hopefully lol ) tutorial/design overview format, so far this is only the blockout & rough preview of the idea, basically it’s scene specific, this one is about the biomechanical pumpkin walker stuff I posted a few days ago.

Right screens show tips & moodboard for the current design section, top screen show the robotic UI for engagement and uh, my hand expression which I will be recording with my phone haha…

Things that really need to be changed now, is toning down background movement, the smoke is from a video clip so I’m still editing it to make it move slower, and the background object will only move once in a while. And also the hand expression thing really need to be considered too, since I want the focus to be entirely on the main vid

2 Likes

Wow, great renders! I’m hoping to reach this level of a wip topic, nice work!

2 Likes

Thank you ! I’m doing my first tutorial hoping to guide other artists on how to do this, hopefully it will be good in the end haha

1 Like

The scene is almost complete, then I’ll edit all the 9hrs footages video into a 20 minutes video with different section of my design process, including timelapse

2 Likes

Cool art :black_heart:

1 Like

Thank you :heartbeat:

Can’t believe I am actually writing a ~4000 word script for the video, it is close to complete ! But this surely made the project missed the Halloween upload date, which is quite disappointing but hey, at least I’ll get a cool video out of this project, supposedly haha

2 Likes