Pushing weight, Now with animation!

Here is a little animation I did of a weight push. I animated it in a couple of hours so it could be still tweaked a lot. The character and rig were made by Sketchy, so thank him for the design. I just textured him, gave him a scene, AO and animated him. Not sure why the eyes are popping out of the head though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/mayaman2/weightpush.swf

The posing looks good, and the box motion, but why does the character ‘squish’ toward the end? Also the animation looks like it is in slow motion, a problem I frequently have. Lastly the character just falls over at the end, if he were working that hard I would expect some momentum.

For the speed issue you could try going into the action editor and scalling the animation along the x/time axis. For the rest of the stuff you might try to get a friend to recreate the scene? Maybe pushing against a wall?

Kinda cool. :slight_smile: But does the character sprout a 3rd eye towards the end?

The eyes pop through the mesh, I’m not sure why. That’s something I would like to fix. I’m probably going to have add more to the animation to get real timing, otherwise it will be like 1 second.

I don’t know why the eye pops out either. I didn’t spend alot of time on that rig though. It was just a demonstration of how to set up a stretch to constraint to make the head more expressive.

I think the animation might look more natural if his body was centered over his left foot. remember, the block is not the only heavy object in the scene! :smiley:

Are the eyes parented to the mesh object or vertex parented to the eye sockets of the mesh itself?