Pylux with LuxRender

Okay, so I got pylux, and I put it in the right directory and all that. When I add a new material to the default cube, there’s no warning that pops up at the top that tells me I need pylux, so I must have done that part right. But every time I do that, the material preview window is just black, and no matter what I do I can’t change it. Does someone know what I’m doing wrong?

I don’t think this will help much, but I’ve used LuxRender with 2.55 beta before and it works; it still does, but the material preview doesn’t.

Also, I’m running on a Windows 7 64-bit operating system, and 4 gigs of RAM.

Thanks!

What version of Lux?

The exporter is LuxBlend25, and I believe I’m using LuxRender 7 or 7.1.

Bah, dammit lost reply agian…

My understanding is that pylux needs 0.8 which you can find here http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=30
It has to do with the GPU elements they’re working on adding to Lux. I use pylux & 0.8 and all works well. If you still have issues though, I’ll see what I can do to help, I would try the 0.8 first (just unzip and point the Blender addon to the new directory, no need to uninstall or re-install).

… hopefully this post goes, I’m having major forum problems so my apologies.

Okay, thanks! I’ll try it out. Oh, and that losing reply thing happens to me too… I try to copy my post to the clipboard before posting just in case, but it doesn’t always happen :-/