Python help....

I just downloaded blender 2.46 rc5…I went to the blender folder and extracted the python zip file…the file unzipped into its own folder in blender…I then downloaded a plugin…In any event when I go to the scripts window nothing shows up for any given selection…mesh for instance…how do i get the python scripts to work…? Do I need to do something besides unzipping python within blender…The plugin I downloaded was ‘Discombobulator’ wich is very old…but, none of the scripts provided with python show up in blender as well…please help a serious noob…

The python zip file you extracted contains basic built in functions for python 2.5 so that scripts that uses these functions can work with out a complete python install. I’m a bit confused: When you look in the script menu in the script window is all the submenus emtpy?

a plugin is not a python script. It is a dll. it goes in a different directory, usually /plugins/sequence. BUT, Discombobulator IS a script, not a plugin.

I keep my scripts in c:/Blender/scripts, and I use the User Prefs to point to that directory, and Blender can then find them all.

Yes, all the submenus are empty.