Python script installation

I’ve downloaded some python scripts(i.e. *.py) but I don’t know where to place them in Blender 2.48a working on Windows. What should I do?:confused:

Blender’s user scripts path.
For different operating systems this is:
Linux: ~/.blender/scripts
Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts
Windows XP (alt): C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts
Windows Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts
Mac OS X:
Under Mac OSX the path is actually hidden in the blender.app so to know the path you would have to know that the script folder is actually hidden in the blender.app itself. Assuming that Blender is in the applications directory the path would be “/Applications/blender-2.37a-OSX-10.3-powerpc/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/.blender/scripts” If you try to open the .app contents from the finder you will notice that .blender section of the path is not visible, while blender will still be able to navigate to this folder. To see this folder from the OSX terminal use the ls -a command (lists all folders/files even hidden) in the MacOS folder of the listed path. It is probably a good idea to create an alias to the scripts folder in the “/Applications/blender-2.37a-OSX-10.3-powerpc” folder so that scripts can be easily manipulated through the finder. I know that its confusing that Blender should have its script folder buried inside the app but it is necessary to keep the app portable and not require an install.
A safer approach than the one above consists in keeping your scripts somewhere in your home folder: with this scheme, there is no risk of deleting your scripts when you upgrade your blender application, as they are not contained within its folder. A method that follows this principle is as follows: create a folder that will contain your scripts (or some of them) inside your own home directory; then, instead of putting your files directly in the …/.blender/scripts/ folder discussed above, simply add a link to your script directory in the …/.blender/scripts/ folder (for instance with the “ln -s” Unix command, or by doing “open /Applications/blender-2.37a-OSX-10.3-powerpc/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/.blender/scripts/” [adapted to your version of blender] and then creating a link through the Finder, with File->Make Alias). Blender will now find all the scripts that you put in your home directory: it will follow the link you created in its …/.blender/scripts/ folder and go to the corresponding folder in your own directory, and find all the python scripts you put there.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Advanced_Tutorials/Python_Scripting/Export_scripts

In Mac OSX:

Rather than use the command line, simply right click the Blender. app icon and select “Show Package Contents” from the context menu.

Then navigate in the Finder to the scripts folder: Contents -> MacOS -> .blender -> scripts

Add your python scripts to the “scripts” folder.

Voila! GUI-tastic!