Python Scripting Question

(BaDbOyHeRe) #1

I’m new to python and am having a little bit of a problem finding tutes relating to creating a loop. I have a plugin in mind and I need to have python import a file. My problem is that I need it to get the same file more than once, actually almost continously. I read somewhere awhile ago (cant recall exactly where) that you can perform the loop according to an event. How can I create a loop? Also, is it possible to have python compare changes within a file prior to getting it? example: have python compare the file’s modified date and time with the last one imported? This would be more desireable for the script to minimize cpu load. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
BaDbOyHeRe

(theeth) #2

I’m pretty sure there are some functions in the os module (in the Python distro) to determines the time stamp of a file. As for creating loops, the keyword is while and it works like this:

Num = 1
<b>while</b> <i>Num &lt; 10</i>: # the part in italic is an argument that can be evaluated to true or false.
        Num += 1
        print Num

I hope that helps.

Martin

(BaDbOyHeRe) #3

I see, so the example you gave shows N with a starting point, then see if N is less than 10. finally, if true, print N? I will play with this until I get it right. Thank you for your help. I will post the script as soon as its working.

cheers

BaDbOyHeRe