Quad Remesher auto-retopologizer

I had crashes with quad remesh in the 2.83 build that was available yesterday (that build was there for a few days I believe). Did factory reset, but same. Did reinstall completely and again the same. Then tried another build (around april 27) and that was ok. So I got it to work again. Didn’t try 2.9 though.

3 Likes

For me 2.82a release work fine… 2.83 and 2.90a crash when process remesh

I’d contact Exoside about this. A patch will undoubtedly soon be released, unless it’s a Blender issue.

Maxime (@Max33) is usually very busy maintaining and updating Quad Remesher for several 3D editors, as well as maintaining his ZBrush software (ZRemesher, UV Master, Decimation Master), so he doesn’t often visit this thread.

You can also try posting the issue in this Quad Remesher thread at Polycount. I’ve got the impression he visits that thread more often than this one.

Hi all, (Hi Metin !)
I have just released the 1.1.CR3 (win only) in my download page.
It should work with 2.83 and 2.90 now.
That said, I think there is a bug in Blender which should be fixed to improve Blender stability. (I just found a workaround).
What is the best way to send this feedback to Blender team ? (sorry if this question seems trivial…)

11 Likes

Hi @Max33,

Thanks for the update and the Quad Remesher fix!

The best and official way to submit a Blender bug report is through this page:
https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/

Thanks for the update @Max33, I just tried the 1.1 version and it works great with 2.83 :nerd_face:

1 Like

thank you for adjusting the licensing system. I am now able to use it across pcs and migrate as needed.

5 Likes

Hey people i cant connect to exoside quad remesher to active it. How can i use quad remesher please help!

I can access the site (Sunday August 16th, 13:40 CET). If you’ve purchased the add-on for Blender, you can access the download area by entering your registered email address, then download and install Quad Remesher.

If you haven’t purchased it, I believe you can download and install a trial version of the add-on anyway and use it for one month?

Once you’ve installed it, just run Quad Remesher once on an object, and a registration dialog will pop up, asking for your email address and authorization code. If you haven’t got one, you can start the trial period if I’m correct.

Hey @Metin_Seven!

Any news about an official linux version? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

No, sorry, no news. But I haven’t been in touch with @Max33 for at least a couple of months, so I can’t speak on behalf of him.

Looking at the development history so far I guess Quad Remesher will remain a Windows + macOS application. I don’t think Maxime is actively developing for Linux as well. Most of Quad Remesher’s host 3D packages (3ds Max, Maya, Rhinoceros, etc.) have no Linux version, with the exception of Blender.

AFAIK, Maya and Substance Painter are available on Linux.

1 Like

You’re right, Maya is another exception, alongside Blender, Modo and Houdini. I didn’t know that. But as far as I know the other major 3D editors aren’t available for Linux: Cinema 4D, Rhinoceros, 3ds Max, 3D-Coat, ZBrush, MoI and SketchUp.

2 Likes

Weird… I used Cinema 4D on Linux. :face_with_monocle:

… and pretty sure that there is a 3D Coat for Linux too.

OK. I’m not a Linux user, so I don’t exactly know which 3D tools are available. Anyway, if you would really welcome a Linux version of Quad Remesher, drop Maxime an email:

https://exoside.com/company/contact/

Hey guys,
The linux version should be ready for october or november.
(But AFAIK C4D is not available for Linux…)

8 Likes

Cool, thanks @Max33. Good news, @lucasfalcao!

1 Like

As far I know, Maxon have Linux version, but not available for, mere mortals. Also, this is version without support, and not newest version. “Some” big company are involved in this mess… rumors say
:apple: :apple: :apple: :wink:

1 Like

Thanks so much Maxime, great to hear that!
I’ll definitely help spread the news when it’s released.

2 Likes