Quadcopter Simulator with Rigid body Physics and force fields

I’d like to be able to move each corner of a plate (and apply this to my quadcopter model) by using wind forcefields at each corner:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=59647

Sounds simple enough, right? The problem I’m having at the moment is that the force fields are effecting everything, instead of just around then; where there set falloff range is. I’ve tried other falloff shapes and they seem to be doing the same thing.

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!

When it comes to Rigid Bodys, I found that Force Fields are quite strange in behaviour. And most of falloff functions that works on Particles, are not working well on Rigid, especially Wind (it’s good to always test force behavior on particles. Wind does its job with falloff range, to particles when it’s set to point, not plain).

In my humble opinion, but I’m not an expert, if you want just to mimic Quadro behavior, and you cant push it up, then pull it up :wink:

Maybe you should try building this setup:

1. On each corner of quadro, put an object (sphere for example). Its our rotary positions. Parent them to the Plain.
  2. Duplicate them. put them above.
  3. Make constrains between “pairs”. Sphere parented to corner and sphere above it. And make those constrains type: generic Spring.
  4. have fun with constrains values. First turn on Springs: XYZ

I recommend Bullet Constraints Tools for faster work.