Quaternion has no effrect

I have a model rigged and the elbows do not bend perfect. Its a cartoon so I do not care if its perfect but the Quaternion button has no effect at all. I thought there was a tool that was like the quaternion button but maybe that was a dream as I can find no such tool. I do not want to use shape keys but will if I must.
Any easy ways to fix this ?
Know why the quaternion tool is not working for me?
Thanks

What is the problem when you bend the elbow?

it sounds like you have rigged the arm bones at a weird angle

try rotating the forearm bone in edit mode so the axis lines up with the direction the elbow should bend

otherwise post some pictures or the blend so we can tell what you arte talking about

The mesh it and the rig are fine. I want to know if anyone knows reasons why the Quaternion tool may not work or if there is a tool similar.
Thanks

what is the Quaternion tool you are referring to?

you haven’t explained your issue very well at all

The one in Blender.
Deform preserve volume.
I really wanted to ask someone who knows what the tool is and is for.
Or maybe there is more then one and that’s why you asked ( joke ).

All it does is use a different mathmatical calculation to do rotations, usually preserving more volume than the default. It however is not a magic fix joints button. Post a .blend file or screenshots if you want better help.

It amazes me how many people replay without a answer. Sounds like you don’t even read the post . Some do not even have a clue. “what is the Quaternion tool you are referring to?”. “…mathmatical calculation…” who cares ? I did not ask that.
I’m Not going to post a blend file. I know that is a choice I might suffer for but it is my decision . So if any one wants to ask me to again fell free or teach me how to post a question ok . I know I need all the help I can get . I feel so sad for my self .
If anyone has a answer to my poorly written question forget it I really do not want to know. Fixed it with a shape key yesterday. I do not care that the tool only works sometimes. I have a thousand questions and that one is in the back of the line.
Im really having fun now , honest.
Really I cant stop now that we all are ignoring the question. I feel like I’m in creative writing.
How many people here live at home with mom?
How many drink to much?
How many do not drink enough?
How many school teachers? ( Be honest its nothing to be ashamed of )
Got a girl friend?
writing is fun! wow! Wish I studied in school!
Look what I did days ago. Give your critique I do not care I wont read it.
The announcement is silence first then a slight ring as the steel leaves the leather. Hold it loose on the first third of a third, half balanced in a slight grip so the sound will linger. Consider them that are before you “call no man a fool” good advice. Do they know? This in my hand, plane and simple do they think it from second hand shop or do they understand the thought that created it? How far have I come to bring this here? Will I warn them? They do not believe . Small, weak, clumsy, that’s what I am. Just stare at the ground. Why not? The next is steps in a dance. Let them lead. The wind blows a leaf for artistic effect. A man shifts his weight my blade spins one eighty on my x axis, on the first third of its weight and there it is, fair warning. Consider the small things and then the smaller things. What do I know ? What lives in the dirt? Its like music but how deep is it? Its a harmonic and I just guide it along. Divide and conquer is the strategy of the day. The one on the left will go first because I can not spare the thought to consider it. Return the 180, right foot back, second hand on the second third and the blade takes an unusual and unexpected path.\par
Its the end of the day and I have time so I consider again. I consider the big and then the bigger and that that is even bigger.
I would write more but i do not like writing in this small box. Time to blend. Oh thanks for the non answers .