Queen of the Caribbean

Hey guys!

This is the first time I’ve posted any of my work on here, always wanted to though.

Curious what people think!

This was a super cool personal project of mine, my ancestry goes back to the Bahamas so this was like actually personal ya know?

Enjoy!

Software: Blender, Photoshop

32 Likes

It is great. Please post more if this is the quality of renders. It really inspires people like us. Cheers

You’re #featured! :+1:

She looks beautiful. Love the afro and colors too. Great work, mate :- )

Good job! Is it 2.8?

Really nice work!!

This is absolutely astonishing use of light.

The only thing that I would “fix” is the pupils of the eyes – specifically, her left eye. The right eye looks okay, but the left one doesn’t seem to track it and, well, looks a bit diseased. Obviously not what you intended, and very quickly fixed.

Otherwise, it is an arrestingly beautiful portrait which conveys a person in a single glance – and makes her seem noble. The use of two different colors of high-key light, one on the left side of her body (and, neckpiece), and another on the right, is extremely creative, and it works.

If this was a portrait or a visualization of one of your ancestors, you did great honor to her, or to her memory. She does look like a Queen.

(Possibly after a slight re-touching of the eye), I would like to see this image immediately go to The Gallery.

1 Like

Good work!!..Man

I saw this and I said “Yeeeeeeeeeesssss!”. I am African American and I have wanted to achieve this level of quality for an African phenotype character for years. This is beautiful. Any chance of a breakdown of how you did it?

1 Like