Question about Animation and Movement

Hey there,

I got a question about Animation and movement.

What I want to make is a Climbup-animation on a smallbox, the animation is no problem but to get the character up the box is another thing. I trided a “Action”(animation climbup) in combination with “Motion”(set dLoc). This works but not good engough.I want a good animation blend from “Idle” to “climbup” and then up the box (My Amature is set as a Actor).
I hope some can help me or show a blend.file. In anyway thank you for reading and your time!

cheers,
wessx

Good question this applys climbing things like ladders, pipes etc. Im very interested if anyones got a proven method of doing this.

For an FPS it would be easier I would put an invisible plane underneath the player that lifts them up. If it was climbing a cliff you could constrain to the cliff and sync the animation with the movement.

I cant think of a good way of doing short obstacles though, which is what you want. Ill have a play at this though and see what i can come up with.

Good question this applys climbing things like ladders, pipes etc. Im very interested if anyones got a proven method of doing this.

Well me to! The problem is is that you want a good animation and at the end he is at a higher new position. What i have now is a simple jump (made with dLoc) but the animation is shown halfway up…

I can remember that i once have seen a animation with a stair maybe this technique works for this kind of problems to!

wessx