Question about cloth simulation?

So I would like to ask how exactly do you make a cloth “fit” onto the person, and how to make it seem more “stable” because in the render it just seems to stick to the body.

The only way I can really explain my question is to show you the render, because that’s kinda unclear :stuck_out_tongue:

So you can see what I was trying to do. To do that, I just made a plane and extruded it over the guy, then pinned the top to his body.

My question is, how do you make it seem that it’s actually part of the thing? It looks like the cloth has been split in half where it was made.

The clothes are already part of the object of the character (uv textured) and I wanted to make the bottom swing around, so how could I do that easily?

The second question is something really minor, but it kind of gets caught up. For the first few seconds it looks fine, then it gets “stuck” somewhere along the middle. How do I fix that? (Collision is enabled on the characters and swords)

I see an animation of some cube figures sword fighting. It really does not seem to fit with your question.

Oh. I see that you reference characters and swords, so that is the correct video. Sorry, dude, I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking at to see your problem. If there is any cloth in that animation I missed it.

The guy with the colorful shirt has cloth sim at the bottom.