Question about Control (Invert) in Sculpt mode

I’m relatively new to Blender and I’ve run into a problem while trying to work on a mesh. When I pressed Ctrl to invert the Clay Strip brush and cut into the mesh, all it did was perform a Lasso Select. I know that using Ctrl in both Object and Edit modes performs a Lasso Select. I tried everything I could think of (switched modes to make sure I was in fact in sculpt mode, even saved the mesh and restarted Blender). Does anyone know if there is a fix to this…or if there is some way to ‘reassign’ the key/action? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

–I have Blender 2.76b (just downloaded and installed it about 3 weeks ago)

1 Like

What operating system ?
Have you changed the defaults ?
What shortcut config are you using ?

Check in the User Preferences / Input / 3D View / Sculpting shortcuts for any option for lasso select (when I set the default settings there isn’t one)

1 Like

My operating system is Windows 8.1. I haven’t changed any of the defaults in Blender…everything is still at the original factory settings. I don’t see anything in the user preferences for lasso select either. I know that pressing Ctrl and left mouse button performs a lasso select in Object mode and Edit mode, but it does the same thing in Sculpt mode when it’s supposed to invert the current sculpt brush.

1 Like

I’m a new user too, (lol bumping an old topic), and even though Blender has come a long way since I last used it, I also still can’t hold in CTRL to inverse a sculpting tool. Instead CTRL changes my tool to the lasso.

Thanks for any help!