Question about scaling entire scene

I have not been able to figure out how to precisely scale an entire scene in Blender.

What I am doing is modeling the objects in Rhino 3D and then importing them into Blender to set up the photo scene and then export it into Indigo using the Blendigo script.

I understand that Blendigo has a scale factor that I can use to scale the entire scene, and using that works fine. But, when I tried to select all the objects in the scene and scale the scene by entering scale values into the 'transform properties" screen, only the 'light pink - last selected" object is scaled - the rest of the scene does not change. Am I forgetting something?

Thanks.

Select all your objects and press the S-KEY. This will activate scaling for all the selected objects. Then hold down the CTRL-Key to scale in integer increments. Also hold down the SHIFT key to scale in smaller increments.

So press S-KEY then hold down SHIFT and CTRL and move the mouse. Watch the numbers change in the 3D window. You can get fairly precise using this technique. If you are scaling up, start with your mouse near the center of the 3D window. If you are scaling down, start with your mouse near the edge of the 3D window.

If you want to precisely scale the entire scene by typing a scaling factor, you can also follow Atom’s advice, but after pressing the S-key, simply type in the scaling factor. So, for example, if you wanted to scale all of the objects in the scene by 24.3%, you would Select All (A), Scale (S), type “0.243”, and press Enter.

Thank you Atom and Fweeb. I never thought to try just typing in the scale factor number after typing SKEY. That did it. Usually in programs, when the user wants to enter data, they are offered a data entry field to input the value or information. Blender’s way of entering numbers with no entry field is counterintuitive to me.

Thanks for helping me figure this out.

dfro

Not so much counter-intuitive as unfamiliar ;). By the way, you can actively see the changed values (even the ones you type) in the bottom left corner of the 3D View window. Think of that as your data entry field.

Nice, I did not know that.

I suppose that works for position and roatation as well?

Indeed it does… it’s one of the little pleasant workflow conveniences that I love about Blender.