Hello, i figured it would make more sense to post 1 thread with all of my current questions, rather than post multiple threads each with a different one. The questions are as follows:
- Is there a way to position a texture over another texture or material?
-For example, if you have a human mesh and want to add a tattoo. Or a metal container (using an allow material) and want to add a warning label on it.
- Is there a way to preserve alpha from a photo document?
-For example, the tattoo, if it is not completely solid and has a cutout in the middle, or a celling texture, with cutouts for lights.
- Can a texture be an animated file?
-For example, a computer screen, or a computer console that would require interaction updates over time. If not, then what would be the best way to do that?
- If i wanted to light a computer screen, or a console, what would be the best way to do that?
- I tried playing around with texture settings, and lamps, and have not had any luck on this one. I am trying to model a warp core to be used in an animation. It requires a transparent object with around a 75% diffuse with a light inside that would produce a glow effect, as well as light up the object. This would be done using animation, but the point is it needs to look on and off. Attached is a picture that shows what I am trying to produce.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.