Question about the Edit Object Actuator

Hi! i’m trying to make smoke for the game engine, and i’ll do it emiting planes (with the appropiate texture).
I’m trying to use the Edit Object Actuator, i want it to emit the planes, in the documentation i’ve found it emits the planes “along the X-axis of the creating object.” Can anybody please explain to me what does it mean? because i ve put the plane in a lot of positions (and the creating object is where i want it to be) and i almost can’t see it when the engine starts.
When i look at it in the active layer without starting the game engine it’s ok but when i pass it to the invisible layer and start the engine it’s bad orientated, and almost can’t see it , i’ve also changed the linV and the frecuency of emitions but i think the problem is with the orientation of the plane in the invisible layer, i don’t know…

the orentations when the new object is spawned of the two objects iirc is the same

also, you probably want halo faces for the smoke anyway, which means they should face the negative X axis on that object [and have the halo button pressed in the face buttons]

Negative Z axis on which object. The object that has the halo button set in the face mode that is being added, the object that has the logic brick that adds the halo object or the global negative x axis.

Negative Z axis on which object. The object that has the halo button set in the face mode that is being added, the object that has the logic brick that adds the halo object or the global negative x axis.[/quote]
having the halo face face the negative x axis of the adding object wouldn’t make much sense

the halo face should face the negative X axis [I checked] of its object, you then don’t need to worry about the orientation of the object center at which it is added [just the location of that point where it is added]

:frowning: the problem is that i want the emiter to emit planes that go up and i can’t do it. It emits planes that go everywhere and starting from everywhere, not from where the emitter is. My emitter is an empty object with an always sensor f=10 and i’ve defined the actuator with linv=10, but i tried a lot of different values.
In the hidden layer it’s the plane that’s just a ghost actor.
What do i have to do for the emitter to emit planes that go up and from where i want?

Forget about this! i was using version 2.25 now i tryed it with the 2.34 and it’s ok :smiley:

z3rOd I did not mean to slight you but this is something that I find most frustrating about the blender community. When someone is writing a tutorial or giving instructions in the forums they tend to forget that the other person or person cannot see their screen and most likely will not have the same experiance and background with 3d applications as they do.

If you had said “which means they should face the negative X axis on (THE OBJECT THAT IS BEING ADDED TO THE SCENE)” instead of "that object " then the context would have been completly clear to me.

Let me say again its not only you but there seems to be a tendancy throughout the IT industry and here in the blender community over all to Leave out information that may be pertinent when explaining something to a person that does not have the knowledge you are trying to convey.

Probably why techical writers make so much money.

Negative Z axis on which object. The object that has the halo button set in the face mode that is being added, the object that has the logic brick that adds the halo object or the global negative x axis.[/quote]
having the halo face face the negative x axis of the adding object wouldn’t make much sense

the halo face should face the negative X axis [I checked] of its object, you then don’t need to worry about the orientation of the object center at which it is added [just the location of that point where it is added][/quote]