Question about wave effect

Hey folks,

After seeing that cool ocean wave animation that was posted recently, I’ve been fooling around with the wave effect more, and this led to a question:

I notice that you can assign X and Y coordinates for the position where the waves originate. I’m starting to doubt that this is possible, but is there any way to keyframe those coordinates? I was thinking that such an ability would be mighty handy for moving things through the water in animation if it were. Thanks in advance for any info.

-Daniel Huddleston

I don’t think that can be done, animating the x,y cords for the wave effect that is. For what I think you’re thinking about it would be easier to use RelativeVertex keys.

On the Blender Cafe there is a tutorial on animation effects. The section on wave effects may have the answer to what you are trying to do. At least if will give you an idea of how to use the wave effect. Link is to the tutorial just go to the wave part.
http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/blender/pages/didacticiels/animation_effects/index-ang.html
Paradox