Question and thoughts about interactivity

Hi
I’ve posted about this before, but it didn’t really help me. I’m busy working on a surgery simulation. It’s realtime of course. I’m having trouble getting the interactive part right. When I started I thought I would be able to delete vertices as I simulate the cut but this is not possible with the GE.

The next option I have is to build a model out of small objects and delete that when the scalpel cuts it. The problem with that is that it’s very hardware intensive.

Is there any other trick or option that I might try out? Maybe something like a lot of halos to give a volume effect and deleting that? I don’t know.

It got me thinking that games aren’t really all that interactive…

Any ideas on how to simulate surgery type stuff would be welcome! I’ll even consider writing code for this engine if that will solve my problem… :wink:

Hello

Your request is too vague
Cut, but, what? The skin, a whole member, an organ?
What level of accuracy?

Anyway here’s some quick Ideas
Cut the skin? Well, You can use bones to open a scalpel action cut (like a mouth)
To show a after/before action you can use the Replace mesh Actuator
Bye

Cut, but, what? The skin, a whole member, an organ?
What level of accuracy?

Hey,
I have modelled an organ and I need to model a type of tumor on it that must be removed. Accuray must be high.
The thing with bones (armatures) is that it is fixed. I need to be able to cut anywhere in any direction, not in a preset sort of way. This needs to be as realistic as possible.

thanks again

Hi
I’ve posted about this before, but it didn’t really help me. I’m busy working on a surgery simulation. It’s realtime of course. I’m having trouble getting the interactive part right. When I started I thought I would be able to delete vertices as I simulate the cut but this is not possible with the GE.

Why must you use the gameengine as opposed to regular Blender in which you can edit a mesh in realtime?

LetterRip

or as opposed to using [or writing] another engine to give you more control with less hassle?