question

(gargola) #1

is there a way to make an object move toward another object without using track to? cause when i use track to,the object moves but start twisting and gets to a stand position it’s not supposed to. (i want a monster that walk with his feets not with his tail).please help! :slight_smile:

(mthoenes) #2

I am not sure I fully understand your question, But I have built an Armature structure which uses empties as the IK solvers for the Legs, I them made the Pelvis Bone copy the location of an empty. I made th Pelvis Empty copy the XY location of the Leg Empties. Now when I move the Leg IK empties, the Pelvis stays Centered over the feet.

BlendOn
mthoenes

(gargola) #3

no,that’s not it.no armatures here.i’m talking about movement only.i want an object to move toward another object without using “track to” actuator.

(wiseman303) #4

The track to actuator points the Y axis to the object. Just make sure your monster’s Y axis points forward.

(gargola) #5

wiseman303:thanx man! that solved the problem! :slight_smile:

(Pooba) #6

Yeah, i ran into that problem a lot with my following character AI. It’s really anoying to have to rotate the axis!

(gargola) #7

he he! true Pooba! :slight_smile:

(gargola) #8

by the way Pooba,i fixed a little the walk cicle of flash ninja,just a little,maybe now he doesn’t walk funny! he he! :smiley: