Questions about the Timeline

1. How do I zoom into the Timeline? Ctr+mouse button does not do anything. 2. Can I save a zoom level and return to it? 3. Also, what does “10+08” mean on the frame line and why does it seem to correspond to 10 seconds in the timeline? 4. When I zoom the timeline, how can I get a reading in seconds? I don’t want to convert frames to seconds in my head because it hurts.
  1. ctrl+hold middle mouse and drag up and down, or mousewheel up/down, or numpad +/-
  2. I don’t believe so, but pressing home will reset the zoom level to show the full scene frame range.
  3. 10 seconds plus 8 frames
  4. I don’t believe you can, unfortunately.

Super hacky, ill advised workaround for getting close to displaying just seconds, change the framerate to 100fps, then just imagine the + is a decimal point and the frames are 100ths of a second. Again, hella nasty hack, don’t actually do that, but it’s the closest you can get without modifying and recompiling blender.

SterlingRoth, Thank you so much for this help!

Ctrl+middle mouse button does not work for me. Mouse wheel does work. + does not work but - does work (I have no numpad on my keyboard). Home key works.

You wouldn’t happen to be using a different keymap, would you? Are you using 2.79 or 2.80?

Version 2.79b