Questions related to FBX export

Hi everyone, im new with Blender.
I have a few questions regading FBX export. The first one is: how can I transfer lights to FBX file? Is it even possible? Because when I open the FBX file, it does not include lights there.

The second question is: Why do I have some texture issues and models overlapping in the FBX file, while everthing seems ok in Blender?

I have only ever exported objects and not scene lighting etc, so not sure on that one.

With regards to things overlapping. This maybe related to the origin points of your objects. You may also need to apply scales and rotations on objects (ctrl A).

Hope this helps

1 Like

AFAIK FBX is only a model (inclusive movement) transfer format… yepp… see:

And i’m learing somethign new (thanks)… this one…

says:

This data includes bones, meshes, lighting, camera, and geometry.

And links to: Everything You Need to Know About Using FBX Files:

…

… wasn’t it that is uses just oen texture per object or… :thinking: (or was this glb…) … anyway: some restictions you have to know i guess…

Thanks for reply. Ok, got it. I thought FBX allows to export not only models, but lighting, so it kinda confused me there. As for the overlapping, Ive tried a few things, and Mesh-Clean Up-Split Concave faces helped me to fix that.

Thanks very much, I`ll look into those articles. I definitely have a lot of things to learn :smiley:
The thing is I was trying to make a scene, and then export it to FBX, so I though lighting I added in Blender would display in 3D viewport via FBX too. As for the overlapping, Ive tried a few things, and Mesh-Clean Up-Split Concave faces helped me to fix that, so those were some mesh issues