Hello! I want to introduce you to my add-on Quick Instance
It creates grouping-like workflow using regular instances.
Here is a video, about the add-on, how to use this add-on and how it works
The add-on is for Blender 2.8x
Link to add-on:
- Ctrl+G - make group from selected objects
- F9 (adjust last operation) to set the center of the group and set a name
- Tab - Opens group edit mode
- Deselect everything and press Tab - Return to scene.
- Ctrl+Alt+G - ungroup
- Ctrl+Shift+G - advanced options like make single user, and change instance.
How it works:
When you press Ctrl+G, Blender moves all selected objects to the scene with a name “Library”. A new collection creates and instance of it replaces the removed objects. Then you press Tab you move to the Library scene where you can preview and edit related collection.