Quick Pipe for Blender 2.8x

confirmed working for Blender 2.8 version from 3-6-2019 onward. Didn’t worked in versions before last week (for me).

Thanks! :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you for add-ons Quick Pipe for Blender 2.8. :slightly_smiling_face:

New version released. Check first post.

2 Likes

thank you work perfect.

1 Like

why the quick pipe addon isnt detecting my edge selections, i get this error some times. when i selected my edges then quick pipe there is a notification on the bottom says “select edges” is the addon working with the new 2.8 rc version?
cant upload vids ad new user. this is a link

Just FYI. When i use addon (2.4.2) in terminal i have lots of errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\quick_pipe\operators\quick_pipe.py", line 9, in draw_pipe_options
    if context.object.type == 'CURVE':
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'type'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\quick_pipe\operators\quick_pipe.py", line 50, in poll
    return context.object.mode == 'EDIT'
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'

Thank you for report! I have not tested the add-on for Blender 2.81. Does 2.8 work fine?

I press keys(A,D) but segments are not added.

I think the text is very large.

Try installing the addon on a clean profile, and see if the problem remains.

I selected some side edges on the default cube and ran the latest script and get twisted faces on 1 side.
Blender 2.8

Please send me the blend file.

I need to send you something yet, sorry. But all I did was make a new scene, select the default cube side edge and run it. But I can still send the file. Thank you

This is a blender 2.8 bug in 2.81 there is no this problem.

Ah ok. Interesting. Yeah I’m on 2.8 yet. Was waiting until 2.81 is more stable or “done”. Thanks!

Thank you so much for this plugin. Saving me tons of time!

1 Like
  • C: convert to mesh does not work. When press it finish the operation. And like previous version it should not create a new mesh. It should modify the same to curve. Thanks for my favorite addon

Hey there…Thanxx for the addon a huge timesaver indeed.
I have a small UI suggestion. Would it be possible to adjust the scale of the Bottom Text? A small slider in the preferences tab perhaps? I just feel it kinda stands out a bit too much. probably not that big of a deal but u small suggestion if your can possibly work on it. Thanxx

Sorry for the necro bump ;>
I used this one a while back, and found there was a few issues recently.
So I went ahead and updated the script to be (more) 4.0 compatible. (If anyone cares, I should probably just have checked for alternatives, but here we are :wink: )
quick_pipe.zip (5.6 KB)

4 Likes