Quick Question

I was wondering if it is possible to have to the camera rotate around a pivot point? Like have the camera rotate around the a certain object. Example would be like in the second Matrix Neo jumps up and the rotate around him.

• Also another question I just thought of. I want to have two of the same character in my animation just doing different things but when I duplicate the armature and character they do the same action. How would I go about making it so they don’t do the same thing.

Hi,

Yes, you can animate the camera in the same way as other objects. To make the camera rotate around an object you could create a circular path for it to follow, and give it a Track To constraint so it always points at the object of your focus.

I’ve not done much character animation, but it sounds like your character and its duplicate are sharing the datablock containing the animation (sorry - I’m not sure which datablock it is). If that’s the problem, you’ll need to find it and make a single-user copy for the duplicate.

I was wondering if it is possible to have to the camera rotate around a pivot point?

Another way to do this is to parent the camera to an Empty and rotate the Empty.