QUICKTOOLS - Addons for Concept Artists

Hi,
Mind to tag the title of the thread as commercial?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Aleksander the ‘Teddy’ tool works ok but there is an issue… whenever you accomplish a shape you have to go through all the process for creating a void grease pencil object so as to draw another shape. The needed thing, however, is to be able to produce shapes one after another intuitively and quickly. So, is there not a way to produce a new void grease pencil object in the scene automatically after finishing each shape?

Such a thing would be very helpful for being able to build base sculpt shapes in a creative way. You produce the shapes, one after another, and you unify them (by booleans or by the new voxel remesher of the 2.81)!

1 Like

Hello! Enjoying the addon so far! One thing I don’t understand though is the addon’s tendency to rename stuff. Can you speak to this a bit? I often find things I’ve created or had some relation to QD’s GP stuff often gets names like drawsel & I don’t see any documentation on this feature. :smiley:

Edit: One more question: Is there a way to transfer GP width per point value to Tuber? As far as I can tell, it only affects width per stroke.

1 Like

I did not notice the ‘W’ key thing Aleksander. Thanks! :smiley:

As to the multiple shapes idea you mentioned, it is brilliant! Waiting for it!

1 Like

Will this add on has an option to draw a line with a precise angle and length?

1 Like

This would be great. Generating shapes with a much better mesh structure, in one click, is a much needed thing indeed!

1 Like

Funny, I bought QucikDraw last night and was futzing around and thought. “How do I make this work with Mark Kingsnorth Curves to mesh plugin?”
If I could draw and curve and simply extrude a mesh from that and snap it to other extruded curves that would be useful.

1 Like

Hi,

Any news on QUICKDRAW 4 ?

2 Likes

Uh yeah! That sounds really teasing and is fully welcome!

My detective side has got an idea who it might be, if this is true and he helped design the tools: that’d make the bundle REALLY well rounded for concepting.

Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jamaaaaaaa! (maybe)

3 Likes

A news ? a promo video , a teaser maybe :wink: can you tell more about Jama Jurabaev and what is role in this project ?

1 Like

Definitely Jama :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, yeah I am very happy to say that the legendary Jama is involved! He is essentially the art director/creative director of quick tools. He’s been testing it and helping determine the workflow and the needed tools. Needless to say, thanks to that, these tools have gotten soooo much more intuitive and simple and reduced the amount of clicks needed to make crazy things happen down to basically 1. It’s incredibly fast. And he’s been dropping so many ideas, we have a couple more addon ideas too but it will not be released all at once just to not be overwhelming.

So the first main one(s) will be out in March. It’s really helpful to be able to buy the exact feature set you want instead of having one huge thing.

In early March the teasers will begin and then the addons come out soon after that! I will post here as soon as we have some stuff to show!

6 Likes

Where I can download/buy this? I can’t see link.

@edit. Ahh, I see now, March 2020. I thought it was March 2019 and I missed that :smiley:
Can’t wait, looks interesting.

1 Like

Hey, that is really great news, super thrilled for this!!! So, will the quickDraw part of it be an update for existing users? Looked at my Gumroad library just to see it being deleted.

The quickdraw addon (QuickGreasePen going forward) will either come at a big discount for old users or completely for free (most likely) but we haven’t locked down the pricing and all that stuff yet since we’re still testing them.

They’ll likely be sold on jama’s page/storefronts and not mine though, but my youtube and stuff will have tutorials and videos and all that! Will let you know when its all figured out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick response, can’t wait what you guys have come up with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Alex, looking forward to the plugin!

I was wondering is there an intention for the new version to have editable hotkeys?

1 Like

Thank you! Unfortunately no, I just think it’s better to implement new features since I have tons and tons of ideas instead of taking on that huge undertaking of custom hotkeys for all the features. I did my best to select stuff that is not used by other addons, and I’m able to hit everything with my left hand so I think its OK.

2 Likes

That’s completely understandable, could you add in the readme a quick note on how to change the hotkeys on our own? (Where in the code and if it’s just one place or multiple). That would be much appreciated.

Most of the hotkeys in previous version were completely fine just as a Industry Compatible keymap,
I experienced some clashes.

Cheers!

2 Likes