QUICKTOOLS - Addons for Concept Artists

Hello everyone! QuickTools are a series of addons created by Jama Jurabaev and I to assist concept artists in their workflow. We’ve always wanted to be able to draw shapes quickly and intuitively in 3D, and we are very excited to say that this is now finally possible.

Stay up to date by joining the discord: https://discord.gg/QuickTools

With this toolset you will bring your ideas to life in the most efficient and intuitive way possible. Replace Modeling with Drawing in 3D, Draw Curves with a simple Photoshop like brush system for various curve profiles and size settings, create realistic multi-layered shaders without touching a single node, and apply custom modifiers and geometry node setups to your objects.

Intro to QuickTools video

More videos: https://youtube.com/c/alksndr

Documentation

https://www.alksndr.com/quicktools

23 Likes

Cool seem very useful for sketching, will give it a go tonight

1 Like

looks like a really cool tool, thanks for all you effort!

I’ve got a small issue, probably something I’m doing wrong, but when I go into drawadd and try to ctrl-d after drawing a simple shape I’m getting -

1 Like

Look into bpy.ops.preferences.addon_enable() and addon_utils.check().

You can automatically activate those addons, if they aren’t, as you register your addon.

3 Likes

thanks, works like a charm!

One minor thing, not a real issue, but instead of a .7z file you could use a .zip, one less click to install.

2 Likes

Why not putting a ‘beautifying’ option (with various flow smoothing intensities) to all kind of strokes (as is in the circle and the straight lines)? It is a feature that many drawing apps have anymore. And in this case would be very useful. Making hard surface parts with purely hand drawn lines is difficult, so why not having such a help?

1 Like

This is great! Keep the good work, it goes to be a very useful tool! :smiley:

This looks really great and I bought it over the weekend. What about an “ellipseit” tool to go with the roundit?

This looks exactly what I wanted for quick concept making. I can’t wait to play with it tonight.

Is there not a way to produce the tubes with caps (as solids)? By having solid tubes someone can sketch whole base objects for sculpting.

Is QuickDraw actually the same as GCUT?

1 Like

This would be the best solution really!

1 Like

Excellent, this is bringing my concept workflow in 3D Coat to Blender. I purchased it and it’s a good start. Something I’d like to see is an Ignore Back Faces option for the Ctrl+E operation, so I can create some geometry only on the side of the source that’s facing me.

1 Like

This looks really interesting. I’m curious though, would it be possible for the pipe generation to take stroke thickness/pressure into account? Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the reply! I’m attempting to use the addon with the nightly builds but am getting this error whenever I attempt to use a QuickDraw function:

Aleksander can you implement to the add-on such a thing as in the video below? Just a spherical or ellipsoid chunks producing way. You just draw a cyclical shape with the grease pencil, click to a ‘mesh’ command and voila… you have a ready made mesh chunk.

I think that this is the most intuitive way for building rough sculpture armatures. You build your rough sculpting shape, you unite all the chunks with the voxel remesh and you are ready to go on with the refinement.

The small app in the video is a very old app but the way it works can give a fairly good idea for a new modern tool:

4 Likes

Glad to hear that you have a lot of further plans for the add-on Aleksander, it has the potential to be a very powerful tool indeed. So, keep the good work. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Aleksander! Any news?

1 Like

Happy to hear those news! Keep the good work! :smiley:

This is looking incredible! I’m going to get this and implement into my workflow without a doubt. I’m a concept artist and drawing my shapes out is something I’ve fantasized about for years!

1 Like