Quixel Megascan - Bridge

Hi. I’ve been for a long time a member of Megascan, using Bridge plugin in Blender. I must say, for the last year. It was useless. I know I should write this to them, but I was curious to hear if someone here is using it successfully.

I frequently get an error in the connection when I import things using Bridge App in Windows. On top of that, Blender frequently crashed with an error connecting to a Port from Megascans plugin. But even the few times I made it work this year, the materials always came plugged into the wrong sockets. Lastly, removing the plugin is always a pain in the ass due to the need to do it manually, erasing files within Blender folder in Windows explorer. Why isn’t this like any other plugin that I can remove from the dialog box within Blender?

Thank you, I am curious to hear about your experiences.

I don’t use it constantly but I do use it from time to time…and I can say I have never had the problems you are describing…It has certainly never crashed or messed up the materials.

Un-installing …only once and was as simple as deleting a folder…I always use the zip files for Blender and not the installer packages…so things remain separate, version to version…and just deleting the MSPlugin folder makes things easy …

It is a start-up script, not an installed plug-in

I will check out then what is happening on my end.

Thank you

“the materials always came plugged into the wrong sockets” … this happens if you’re using Bridge with Blender 3.2+ due to changes in Blender. Quixel is aware of this and says it’ll be fixed with some future update.

I haven’t had any issues using it with Blender 2.93 and 3.1, no crashes.

1 Like