Quixel Megascans textures not imported as intended

When I import a texture from Quixel Megascans through Quixel Bridge, the textures don’t seem to be aligned properly and look much worse than the texture displayed on their website.

Why is this so?

On a downloaded mesh or just the texture? Either way…is going to depend on HOW you are rendering and what lighting you are using…You are not rendering in Unreal Engine…but to get the same as their previews you need to get your lighting as close to theirs as possible in Blender! Use some fill Lamps and an HDRI is a must to get anywhere near what you see in the previews…

When I import a 3D asset, the textures usually turn out fine. However, I often find that the non-3D asset textures don’t look nearly as good as they do in the previews.

How are you importing? Do you use Nodewrangler to import the full PBR at once?
Here is the render of mossy swamp texture from Quixel Render…

And here is just a screenshot render view in Eevee…subdivided plane, HDRI, and 1 area light…Diffuse > Roughness> Normal and Displacement…

Personally, I think my render is far better

I don’t import textures using the node wrangler when I’m using Megascans. I typically do it using Bridge as it is much faster. Could that be causing the problem?

Nah, using bridge should be fine. Recent version changed it so the texture coordinate nodes are automatically set to “Generated” It might help to change it to UV, or to adjust the mapping scale. If that doesn’t help, we may be able to help better if you could show us a screenshot displaying the problem.

I find it faster or rather easier to use node wrangler to import as PBR set as a Principled set-up, you have to download the set first and then you have to import anyway…with Bridge ( 3.1) the import of a texture doesn’t add in any of the Coordinate or mapping and if in Eevee it skips nodes for AO and displacement ( though you have to use a displacement modifier anyway so no big deal) …
and I guess I am just used to using Node Wrangler for PBR anyway…

either way you import there isn’t any sort of drastic changes between the two…I find most all their textures rendered in Bridge are either far too dark or overexposed…and once in blender, either way, and adding a HDRI makes them just fine…