Racing biplane concept

The materials of the plane itself? Does it look too plasticy? Or maybe too shiny? And I tried to use the photo for reflections. It kind of showed up on the canopy. When I set the background image I learned that it wasn’t going to reflect onto anything, so I put the plane (along with the camera and lights) inside a giant sphere that had the photograph as it’s skin. The sphere has a rectangular cutout in it so that the camera never picks up the sphere itself. I don’t know if this is the best way to try to get reflections. The sky is part of the photo, do you think that if I added some blue to my “sun” light source the color reflecting on the wings might look better? I also put an area lamp under the plane which emits tan light, the intent being to simulate light reflected off the sand.

I hear you on the prop! It does look like it has just stalled. I’m working on figuring out how to get it blurred. Thanks for the critique btw.

EDIT:

I managed to get some blur on the prop. I animated it to rotate then rendered it with motion blur. It takes like 8 minutes now just to render what you see below

EDIT II:

I’m sorry that first attempt at blurring didn’t look very good if you ask me. I did some tweaking, set the motion samples to 30, shortened the shutter time, hit F12, and about 50 minutes later the following was ready:

I think this blur looks a bit better.