Racing car demo attempt at splitscreen...need HELP =o

about time i did the vehicle unwrapper tutorial.

:cool:

http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Game_Engine/Vehicle/Vehicle_1.html

obviously, car isnt mine.

I used vertex paint to make some shadows on the landscape, and i also modified the powertrain script to adjust steering radius based on speed. Enjoy :smiley:

a,d
to steer
w for gas
s for brake
spacebar for ebrake
m to enable motion blur
n to disable motion blur
and 1,2,3 for different car views :smiley:

DOWNLOAD : (updated) - tracks are on different scenes
http://www.uploading.com/files/JP4GFCVI/Racelvl2FlattenedSubsurfPAINTED.blend.html

Attachments

Screenies look AWESOME!!!

Downloading…

… Just played it! Amazing! I have a LOT of awesome car models I downloaded and edited (to make them work in blender) if you want.

_LsBlend,
if that is not impressive, that I don’t know what is!
You did a great job adapting the landscape … now what did Dustin Hoffman say in the movie Rainman? “I’m an excellent driver” :slight_smile:

Ur welcome to join my project: Stuntracer Tribute… there is a topic about it here on this forumsection.
My internetspeed is very low at moment, so I´m download this later… but the screens look very awesome.

I also built my project on that very same tutorial…

Beautiful!
You’re a landscape artist! :slight_smile:

It’s a really nice track, though it is a bit short as it took me well less then a minute to drive it.

thanks guys for the comments :slight_smile:

painting a landscape is really fun :smiley: - ya gotta drive this one

the first track is still on scene 1 - the bridge is by james…

new blend: http://www.uploading.com/files/JP4GFCVI/Racelvl2FlattenedSubsurfPAINTED.blend.html

enjoy :smiley:

Attachments

Downloading. I’ll give you feedback ASAP.

Edit: Amazing!
Hey if you want help I can help! I haev a lot of AWESOME cars that’ll go perfect.
O and this wouidl make a GREAT multiplayer game, with split screen.

This is coming along very nicely! The shadows look good, and you’ve got a talent for building these tracks. All you need is some trees and some neat foliage and you’re set!

I hope this eventually evolves into a full game.

Best of luck to you guys = )

The new track is very nice, I’m just iffy about that hosting site, they purposely dial down the download speed severely and you have to wait 90 seconds to even download it, plus no guarentees it won’t be deleted.

Mediafire has better stuff for a free account, they keep your downloads in one place for you to browse through and the pro account max size is 2 gigs. Not to mention the download speed is fast.

I wiped out a few times on the new track, neat way to spend time.

Yeah, it’s totally fun. You need a flip script, so you can press F and it flips the car, or an automatic flip script that puts you back on the road where you flipped over after a few seconds.

Here is my list of cars (I didn’t make them, only saved them in .blend and re-textured them):

Chevy Blazer (a few differant versions. my fav)
CL55
Corsa
Corvette
Lamborghini
honda Civic
p2
sanata
dalorean
nissian
police car
weird fps style chevy chevy hotrod (grungy style with blades on the front and an engine sticking from the hood. complete with inside)
weird fps style lamborghini (twin blades on the front with a bit of blood and a jet engine out back)
Ford ts50
88 chevy cmro
hunner
rally car (untextured)

Nice work! Camera 2 is great for a sense of speed, but I would also like a camera in between 1 and 2, where the car is a bit closer to the camera and aligned near the bottom of the screen.

The track was great, but I had even more fun exploring the rolling hills. :smiley:

I was expecting to find a secret shack or something out in the middle of nowhere.

Here’s a shot of one of my many ocean dives.

Attachments

I haev a lot of AWESOME cars that’ll go perfect.

Sweet! PM me…and ill see if i could, borrow, some of those cars :smiley:

Nice work! Camera 2 is great for a sense of speed, but I would also like a camera in between 1 and 2, where the car is a bit closer to the camera and aligned near the bottom of the screen.

ill put that in soon :slight_smile:

Apparently Splitscreen screws up the cameras…i cant get the cameras to change ingame, and since i have limited knowledge of the rasterizer, i dont know how to fix that. -.- im open to suggestions…

for now, if you wanna change the camera of the car, click it and change the camera property to 1, 2, or 3

the controls for player2 are the arrows.

Also, thanks to James for the new vertex painting technique :smiley:

http://www.cdupload.com/files/31798_m3nrt/Racelvl2FlattenedSubsurfPAINTEDbetterSplitScreen.blend

You will probably need 6 cameras, three for each car. 1, 2, and 3 would change the camera for one car and, for example, T, Y, and U for the other.

I have a list of cars up there. Take your pick (or picks)

edit: awesome track!