Racing Game Animation in Live Action Video

Hi! Not sure if this is the best thread to post this, but I just completed a video for a contest that has a tidbit of Blender touches to it, so I thought I might post it here! The contest theme was the pains of mobile gaming (bad touch screen controls, etc.) and the theme & rules were revealed 6 days before the submission deadline, so my film crew and I put this video together last week…

It’s pretty small and quick in the video, but I needed to show a (non-copyrighted) racing game on some iPhones and was baffled on how to do that in the TWO DAYS I had to edit, then I thought to use an older car game I’d made in Blender, record the screen of me playing it and load the video onto the phones to have my actors “fake play” it…

I think it turned out pretty good! Here for the video (90 seconds) The game shows up at about 0:48.

The rest of the effects are pretty much horrible though. Mostly because I had about an hour to do them, grrrr…
But if you liked the video, go ahead and Vote for It on the contest site to help us win!

Anywhay, just thought I’d share! Thanks!
Lojimek (Filmmaker)