Radiosity Rendering problem

I’ve been trying to imitate the raptor_radio_ray_env.blend radiosity lightning, but it just doesn’t seem to work!
Ánd yes, I have turned on radiobuttons, enabled the materials in the scene for radiosity rendering and I have also spent an half hour comparing the two files to figure out what’s going wrong.
And I’m not using a sky dome but two plain meshes, but the materials in my scene just won’t light up!

So, does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong??

And yes, I have been using the search and I did read the stickies, but I couldn’t find anything.

have you subdivided your emmitor mesh a few times?

About 4 times, nothing happens.

do you have web space where you could put up the blend so we can have a look at it?

Unfortunately not :expressionless:

Hmm, recalculating normals doesn’t work either :|.

ok check list:
1–is radio toggled on in render buttons?
2–is material set to ‘radio’ and does it have an emit value?
3–is your emmitor big enough, close enough, emit value high enough?
4–can you repeat the situation with a new material?
<edit> also are the recieving surfaces subdivided?

jup

2–is material set to ‘radio’ and does it have an emit value?

set to maximum

3–is your emmitor big enough, close enough, emit value high enough?

directly above the object, when I render the scene I can just see the emitting plane

4–can you repeat the situation with a new material?

what situation? the raptor_radio_etx.blend file?

<edit> also are the recieving surfaces subdivided?

jup, doesn’t work :frowning:

ok i’m going to put up a blend with working radio, and see if that helps, but first tell me,…the raptor set up is basically, an object lit by several scattered plane emmitors, right?

Radio option is also “active” or however you call that btw

jup, lit by 4 different objects, all instanced copies though.

yes, that’s the new method,…previously we had to solve radio and turn the whole scene into one large fixed object. so yeah this will be a ‘radio render’ blend if that’s what you mean. not the old kind. :slight_smile:

I could mail you the blend file if that might help.

well lets see if this helps first, and if it still is not working we can try that.

Yeah, I know, I could link the entire object if I wanted to, but I want to render it like it is done in the example.

mkay 8)

btw, i realized another thing it could be while making the blend,…did you try flipping your plane over? anyway i’ll have it up in a couple of mins brb

just did so, and it works.
how the hell is that possible?

well, if it wasn’t like that, the other option would be to calculate radio for both sides, which would use more computing power and longer render time. glad it works for you i guess i won’t need to put up the zip. :wink: