Ragdoll

Enjoy using this free ragdoll rig. He’s nice! Hit space bar to shoot a ball at him! Great for prototyping games!

Come on guys 19 downloads and no comments? If you download at least tell me if you like it.

Attachments

Ragdoll.blend (188 KB)

Hey it’s great i just don’t know how you did it… you have no armatures so did you constrain or parent them together? i’m trying to duplicate it because i have a game i’m working on that i would like implement ragdoll physics on the enemies and i

Pretty cool… a lot of rigged joints! haha thanks

i thought that the way you did it was one of the ways you make ragdolls but what i can’t figure out is how to stop and start it in a game:
-like in halo 2 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory when you kill someone they activate ragdoll
but i can’t get mine to do that. All they do is lay on the floor when i press p to start the game. Any answers to why that is.

please respond soon:yes: and hope you can in any way improve the ragdoll guy.

Nice one!
Someone was just asking me how to do this the other day…

@Helooo: What you would do is have the ragdoll in a separate scene and when you kill the enemy it ends his mesh and spawns the ragdoll.

@Everyone who’s asking: Take a look at the constraints, they’re all rigid body constraints.

oooh kk. so how would i apply this technique to my mesh?

Your mesh needs to be split up into sections: biceps, forearms, hands, chest, head, thigh, leg, foot, etc. Then all linked like so: Head to chest bicep to chest forearm to bicep hand to forearm. Like that =D

before blender shows a screen it crashes

Weird… append the ragdoll scene to a new file and see.

nope it crashes when i switch scenes

That’s weird, computer specs? Ohh what version of blender? Are you using the very latest version?

How do i link them together? I am trying to scratch build my own version.

Just add constraints, pick apart my blend, that’s why I posted it.

Thanks i figured it out, i used it to make a chain and wrecking ball for my game.

my computer is a piece of crap but im gettin a new one and im using the latest version

yay it works on my new comp :slight_smile:

When did you get a new comp?

[quote=’-[Killer]-;1277717’]@Helooo: What you would do is have the ragdoll in a separate scene and when you kill the enemy it ends his mesh and spawns the ragdoll.

thanks alot;):o:yes::D:)

At least in previous blenders you could only spawn each ragdoll once… But you could use python and logic bricks to get the objects…