Rainforest hardwood beads

Carved (again) with a pocket knife, hollowed manually by twisting a drill bit through and created at night in my tent since I was camping out there anyway and there’s shitall else to do in the middle of a rainforest at night :wink:

6 Likes

My portfolio is empty you see, yet I have no Blender models to upload because I don’t know how to use it :slight_smile:

Maybe you should try it. It’s fun. You’re artistic. I started only this Jan.

1 Like

I am trying it :slight_smile:

I’ve got a very basic familiarity with modelling software from a few years ago when I had a very casual play with 3D Studio Max which was different software, but I’ll figure it out - I already love now simple the sculpting tools are to use :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m not that familiar with the sculpting tools. Though I used it to model the cushion in my Cabin scene. And I use the smoothing, strip and inflating tools if needed on terrains and such.

1 Like

The sculpting tools are the only things I’ve used so far :grimmace:

They’re the first ones the fresh installation gives you to use, I guess, but I have to learn how to at least learn how to select faces and skin them with materials - I’m getting sick of everything being just light-grey :frowning:

1 Like

lol. I know how bland it feels and looks. Watch some YouTube videos. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be addicted to it. Can’t wait till I see some great sculptures with awesome textures and lighting from you.

1 Like

OMG! The pressure, is on :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol! Pressure is what brings the best out.

1 Like

It’s as close as software can get I think, to organic shaping and, yes carving :thinking:

I also used to have an Intuos drawing tablet, but now only have a mouse but that’s still not a major disadvantage.

1 Like

I’ve seen people create awesome stuff from basic tools. Like your carvings. Using only a pocket knife and body oil (hehe). I’m not kidding though. I’d give my best shot to learn the new tech and use what I have and what I can afford. It’s the best we could do to keep the traditional art alive now and in the future.

1 Like

Explain that ^ :slight_smile:

Found this while digging around: these are the branches I dried myself over months, by well - simply leaving them up the side of the tent under the fly to prevent them being rained all over - there’s Paper-bark, “Old Man” Banksia, Silver Wattle and Eucalyptus

1 Like

And here’s a scorpion I found right beside the tent one night: I did not attempt to carve the bug :wink:

And I’ll assume photography isn’t regarded as ‘traditional art’, else it’d be flooded with photos - pity though; I’ve got hundreds of remarkable photos from out there of wildlife :frowning:

1 Like

wow. Makes me want to hike or something. Finally I’m getting tired of this lockdown. lol

Lol! It’s beautiful…

1 Like

It’s definately tiny: around 1cm or 10mm or just under half an inch from head to tail - I had to use my head torch for light because I needed the macro lense so close it was nearly touching the arachnid.

1 Like

Aw…

That’s a shame…

Sure is Babe :sunglasses:

Once I start uploading though, I’ll end up spamming the forum with pics of possums, bush rats, marsupial mice and very large lizards doing all kinds of stuff - nobody wants that :slight_smile:

Not on a forum for 3D designers anyway.

1 Like

Like my favourite Lace Monitor - called him Broski… check out the colouring in him

1 Like

Only lizard that’s larger than these, is the Komodo Dragon, yet I had them laying around my campsite like dogs - waiting for scraps I would feel them :slight_smile:

1 Like