random people adding your MSN name

(Alltaken) #1

anyone who knows my MSn name will think its a bit sleezy. well its not so cool having an MSn name you came up with when you were ten and though it was funny :stuck_out_tongue:

basicly i have people adding my name all the time, i have published my MSn address in places to let people add me who need to talk to me. well this is ok, i have had only good people from those places.

however due to my name being pretty random, i get one of four people adding me.

people from the blender community.
people from the Openttd community
rapists, pedophiles, sleezes…
young slutty girls trying to get men. :S (i tell them to piss off pretty quick, i have had some girls down to 10 add me, and it scares me because these girls should be at school and are just going to end up getting screwed over because of their carelessness on the net.)

the third kind ain’t so great (nor are the forth), and these people only add me because they guess my name, or look at me in the MSN directory or somthing.

Block/delete is always a good method to use.

anyone else get randoms on their MSN?

i have had 2-3 gay men from australia add me and then get their friends to add me, i blocked them all, they were screwed in the head and suposedly about 45 years old.

a 10 year old girl from in my city who waged school and was a bit of a skank, she was heading down the path of being raped by someone from the net, (and i could tell she certainly wasn’t looking for it, but was so careless in giving out info that it would happen some day) i certainly didn’t want any part to do with her.

i had some random 16 year old girl add me, and she kept trying to get me to meet up with her for sex LOL. the more i said no the more she wanted me :S she was very strange.

i had some young guy add my adress and just said. “oh there really is someone at this address, i just typed it in to see” he wasn’t to strange it seems.

then just today i saw someone online, their avatar was this huge fat naked woman, and they were assholes (from tasmania in australia)… deleted…

oh the entertainment. now i only have 5 unidentified people on my list. and 54 people i have identified.

anyone else got horror stories?
or is it only me with my bad email addy?

Alltaken

(0ptikz) #2

This question just begs to be asked: What is your MSN name? :wink:

and no, I’ve never had anything like that happen, but that’s mainly because I stick with IRC and only go in channels like #blenderchat and #blendercoders

I do find it quite scary that you can be talking to anyone without any real knowledge of who they are, what their motives are, how old they are etc etc…

(Alltaken) #3

basicly its “your mums hot”

but not like that, the same words in a different format. :stuck_out_tongue:

enough randoms have added me because of typing it in LOL.

Alltaken

(PlantPerson) #4

Well, a while ago, this interesting conversation took place:

Session Start (AIM - PlantPerson:Dailareid): Sat Feb 26 14:08:29 2005
Dailareid: hi lady … prettyfleurs here … how are ya
PlantPerson: who are ya
Dailareid: it’s dail - from new jersey - I’m out here in AZ taking care of Barbara …she had back surgery again
PlantPerson: I don’t know you
Dailareid: sorry - I had a friend with your screen name - thought you were her
PlantPerson: I’m not. Sorry
Session Close (Dailareid): Sat Feb 26 14:10:19 2005

(Villitz) #5

Well, a while ago, this interesting conversation took place:

[quote]
Session Start (AIM - PlantPerson:Dailareid): Sat Feb 26 14:08:29 2005
Dailareid: hi lady … prettyfleurs here … how are ya
PlantPerson: who are ya
Dailareid: it’s dail - from new jersey - I’m out here in AZ taking care of Barbara …she had back surgery again
PlantPerson: I don’t know you
Dailareid: sorry - I had a friend with your screen name - thought you were her
PlantPerson: I’m not. Sorry
Session Close (Dailareid): Sat Feb 26 14:10:19 2005

[/quote]

its probably that girl you were talking about in the google fight thread that had the same name as you on that dating service/blog or whatever it was.

(indigomonkey) #6

Next time you talk, say hello to Barbara for me… :wink:

(osxrules) #7

Hey we’re people too y’know.

MSN you say, hmmm. Might look into that. Actually, I thought M$ stopped their entire MSN deal because of that. It’s true though that there are some young sluts around that could easily get you into trouble. More likely though, it could be 40 something men pretending to be 10 year old girls in the hope that you are a 10 year old boy.

But she was legal age. You could have at least arranged to see her from a distance. You never know, she might have been really hot.

and yet we do it all the time on Elysiun.

(Alltaken) #8

well the 10 year old girl was at a friends house and had a webcam, so i know she was 10, and not a 40 year old man.

strange child. her parents were divorced, and i don’t think either of them controlled her.

the 16 year old girl was on my MSN list of probably a year before i deleted her. she was ok, but seemed way to horny. she wasn’t very hot, and i think just had a massive self esteem issue.

/me has had so many girls try to get sex off MSN its not funny.

there was one chick who was 17 and was really really really damn hot, i met her, went to the movies (made it 100% clear before hand that nothing was gonna happen… long story)

basicly she tried to get me to sleep with her that night, i said nope LOL. she had a little temper tantrum and i left her house, she was all screaming and stuff… OMG did i mention how hot she was… well she had mental issues so i wasn’t going their.

MSN is a strange strange place. why is it me who gets all the weird girls on it. heck i don’t even know how most of them find me :S

some girl wants me to break up with my GF just so she can have sex with me LOL (she is hilarious, she plays little mind games, keeps trying to send me nude photos and stuff.)

if i were single she wouldn’t be interested (as she wasn’t for the whole 2 years she has been on my MSN list) when i got a GF she suddenly got all jelous and wants to break me up LOL.

some super slutty girl added me, she was ditzy as hell (total blonde) well she was the only girl smart enough to delete me before i deleted her. i think i talked to her once and all she was interested in was makeup and boys with cars LOL. (of which neither interest me)

oh well.

its just funny because i have never added anyone to my MSN (unless they are a friend from real life), i only ever wait for people to add me.

Alltaken

(HOSJ) #9

Elysiun has moderators.

(Squirrel Ha) #10

Be careful about underage girls wanting to meet up for sex, odds are they are narcs lookling for pedophiles.

(Wiggie) #11

:o

:x

(osxrules) #12

Just shows how irresponsible some parents can be. It surprises me how the same parents are often the ones who turn up on TV saying they’re so angry at the prevert who abused their kid. Ah the hypocrisy of it all.

WHAT?? You said no?? That would be like turning Cameron Diaz down in Vanilla Sky. Ok she was a psycho who tried to kill the guy she was after but surely it would be worth it.

To get rid of people like her, just post her nude pics on one of those sites where you post your naked girlfriend then give her the URL. Or post them here but covered up.

(HOSJ) #13

Just shows how irresponsible some parents can be. It surprises me how the same parents are often the ones who turn up on TV saying they’re so angry at the prevert who abused their kid. Ah the hypocrisy of it all.
[/quote]

Word. Just… word.

(Ecks) #14

lol I also get alot of random people that add me to msn…I dunno tho how xwarrior(at)hotmail(dot)com got so freaking popular…I was the first to have such a name and now on hotmail there is hundred of variant of it…last time i try for fun to recreate it…and they suggest me using xwarrior241 as email…does that mean 240 other got it?..

also people adding me to tell me our last counter strike game was awesome…YET I DO NOT PLAY COUNTER STRIKE…lol…

people adding me for 3d…always cool!

recently tho…about 8 spannish people added me that hardly speak english…4 of them for 3d… 4 other totally random…4girls actually…anyway couldn’t really have a talk with them so I blocked/deleted them all…

Also…a bunch of 15-16years old girls from Ontario in Canada added me…started with one…She thought I was one of her friend (wrong email…)…talked to her for 5min…and she was with some friend at her house and they all added my msn email…etc… like 10persons in all…lol that was pathetic…

all in all I got 153 persons on my list…
41 are classed in my 3d category (people I talk to mostly for 3d based discussion etc…)
53 are classed friend (people I meet almost every day)
15 are in my “High School” category…people I know from there but that I don’t actually meet often
7 from my family
and 37 that are classed as “people that I don’t give shit about”…which are people I do not know at all…that added me by mistake or stuff like that…or people that change email and re-add me…

(gr8hamster) #15

hmmm must be something about “Gr8Hamster” that people just don’t find appeasing!! HAHA SUCKERS! my name chases them away while yours brings them to you!! BWAHAHAHAHAH
Bow before teh might of teh Hamster!! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Squirrel Ha) #16

And whats wrong with that? It doesnt make her any more dangerous than anyone else

(T_Wrangler) #17

I plaster my contact info all over the internet, often with my real name attached (all my devart subissions are tagged with my real name). It’s boiled down to where I just don’t care about stalker-types anymore.
Well, apparantly, it’s worked, maybe because there’s no intrigue in chasing someone you already know everything about… like a book that annouces it’s entire plot structure in the first chapter.
But I digress. The majority of annoyances I had were from automated “chat bots.” You know the type, they message with “Hey” and a reply to them activates a script which replies with “Hey (pet name), I just set up my webcam, blah blah blah, I need a job.”
Luckily, trillian does a good job of killing off those bots by patching the security holes AIM and MSN dont. Running ZoneAlarm seems to be a plus as well. I haven’t gotten more than 5 actual unexpected IMers since cancelling my AOL subscription 4 years ago. 2 were bots, and 3 were random bored people from forums.

(Alltaken) #18

yeah i thought that too.

she wasn’t looking for sex, but wanted to meet up. that IMO is scary enough (for her if she was a kid, and for anyone stupid and perverted enough to meet her)

the thing is i am pretty sure she was a kid, and not a narc. which just scares me to no end. i would hate to think anyone would have taken advantage of her.

Elysiun has moderators.

and? is this a warning about my post, which is a very real reflection of what the internet is like. its a scary place, and if nobody talks about it then nobody learns. the lesson is you cannot trust people from the net.

yes it is scary, but they were divorced, so as parents they were probably not communicating very well. and she could then play each one off the other to get the rules even more relaxed.

WHAT?? You said no?? That would be like turning Cameron Diaz down in Vanilla Sky. Ok she was a psycho who tried to kill the guy she was after but surely it would be worth it.

LOL well my morals dictate that i won’t sleep with anyone i am not dating (well more committed than just dating)

so i wouldn’t have gone that far anyway.

basicly this chick was so damn scary in the head it wasn’t funny. she used every (and i mean every) psychological trick to try and get me into bed with her (and she had done it to my friend a few weeks earlier, which is another reason i didn’t)

basicly i didn’t believe my mate when he was saying how psycho she was,so i found out first hand, and then thought Holy dang you can have a girl that psycho.

she tried reverse psychology on me.
victim syndrom
pity
guilt trips
temper tantrum

she was a nut job.

in some ways i regret it, but in reality i am sooo damn glad i got away from her LOL.

To get rid of people like her, just post her nude pics on one of those sites where you post your naked girlfriend then give her the URL. Or post them here but covered up.

i should probably just delete her, but shes not so bad, and na i don’t think i could feel respectable if i posted her pics on the net LOL.

Alltaken

(Sutabi-old) #19

I stopped using MSN, Yahoo, AIM. I just got tired of people buggin me. As for email I dont care about spam, I have my spam filters maxed out and constantly updating things to spam so I get very little of it. IRC is alll thats left I use. But I only log on when I have a question

(Alex_G) #20

hehe that was me.

jk