Random position for textures in eevee

I started playing with eevee a few days ago. I know it’s still in early alpha stage, but if someone could shed some light, I would really appreciate it.

I use the object info>random node to randomize the position of the texture. It works just fine in cycles, but when I switch to eevee, there is no randomness at all. Am I doing something wrong? Here are a few screenshots to better show what I mean

cycles

eevee

randomizer

Also… when I create a scene with linked objects and materials, the textures don’t show up. Every object with its respective material shows up as a either black or as with the dominant color of the texture. I have to give it a bit of a nudge (select an object and go to edit mode, other times I have to orbit the scene, etc) for them to load. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

cycles

eevee

Any input on this would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

Doesn’t work currently and we’re uncertain if it amongst other sockets will work at a later date. Some discussion about said: Alpha Channel - #9 by zeauro

The other problem, or well both, I’d put down to being pre-alpha software. It’ll get better.

Ah, ok! Thanks for that LoboTommy!

There’s some improvement here on Object Info node for Eevee. Thanks @hypersomniac.

1 Like

Ooh, nice! Thank you!!