Rank 3 Police Unit

I feel like i far from being pro, it is a long way ahead. ) Thank you! )

1 Like

Thank you so very much for sharing! Spasiba!!!
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

You are welcome. :slight_smile: Or pozhaluista. :smile:

1 Like

This is incredible!. I just started with blender and 3d art honestly like 2 days ago and I can’t understand how you get that detail, like seriously I can see the seams on that shoulder peice. Truly amazing!

1 Like

Good luck with you 3D art. ) Beginning is a hardest part. )

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

No worries, im already happy with this model. Damn is so sweet. I turned everything on at full mode, hmm my macbook pro doesnt really like it. I can rotate and stuff but takes a bit slower hahaha You got some complex materials setup. Wonder though if all is really visible you added. I never use cycles because im using a different engine. Each time im thinking i should start using cycles. But i hate nodes, though it has way more options than my current renderer.

Im really hoping i can get close to your render or perhaps do a different version of it. I add real displacement to the skull using one of those VC maps. What is that actually VC, im non English speaker and cant come up with the full word of that.

Did you sculpt that in Blender btw or is this Zbrush? Looks like blender when i look at the mesh. Its very cool!

PS you should also look at Advanced UI menus, i got a fork here https://github.com/schroef/Advanced-UI-Menus
It has some pretty slick shortcuts, more options then usual. Also check out the other i mentioned they really help faster modeling and such.

1 Like

Im pretty sure it is not. ) To be honest, this thing needs to be cleaned up, both in term of geometry and materials, but at the end, i was so tired of this project, so i kept everything as it is. I thought, if my machine handles it, other’s will too. )

It is just “Dirty Vertex Color” map i applied to sculpts, and then baked to retopo model. If i remember it correctly, i dropped ‘attribute’ node with dirty vertex colors into sculpt’s material, made it to be emission (just Ctrl+Sh+click with Node Wrangler), and then baked this onto retopo model in ‘Emit’ mode(selected to active).

Blender. It is very basic sculpt with mouse. I’ve had a great, detailed reference images of the skull, so i just tried to capture most visible details, and keep it under 1,5M of faces.

Did not had time yet to check add-ons you mentioned, but i will. Thank you. )

1 Like

Sculpted the skull with a mouse, I laugh. Then I stop laughing.

1 Like

Not a big deal, it is not like it some kind of super-detailed sculpt… It is pretty basic, just enough to resemble a skull. )

This is super amazing!

Mind sharing some tricks that you learned while working on this project?

1 Like

Thank you, glad you liked it. I would gladly share tricks with you, but i am really can’t think of something unusual… for me it is mostly fast navigation. I am using pie menus for navigation (numpad is not too convenient), i binded ’ Numpad /’ to my additional mouse button to be able to quickly concentrate on selected object and parts, i work in ortho mode all the time, and i use ‘Alt’ to snap viewport during rotation (Zbrush style). Also Shift + Num7 to align camera to mesh parts and ‘Align to view’ option when creating new objects. It is hard for me to explain with my poor English, but it makes placing objects for bool operations very quick and precise. Also i am using custom transform orientations a lot (ctrl+Alt+spacebar to create one, then double tap (G,R,S) to use it during transformation). It is also very useful when placing objects. So, my point is fast scene navigation, when you constantly making new objects and placing them is often underrated, but i think it is pretty important stuff… otherwise, no tricks. Just practice. )

1 Like

dude how the heck did you do it!!!

1 Like

Amazing! Do you have an Artstation profile?

1 Like

The sign that says police corps could so easily say police corpse…lol.
But seriously, amazing work!

1 Like

Actually, it is a good question. I started to forgot, where did i begin with this one. ). :smiley:

Yeah, i created one, but there is only one work, this one. Looks pretty lonely, need to do more stuff. ) https://www.artstation.com/nikvili Thank you!

This is exactly why i chose to write “police corps” instead of “police force”. Kinda word play. ) I have a strange sense of humor. ) Thank you, glad you liked it. )

Good work, I’m impressed! Your renders are one of the best from what I saw since I’m on this website.
Very inspiring! :blush: Would be interesting to know how many faces your model contains? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi. Thank you, glad you liked it. :slight_smile: The whole model something like 7 millions of triangles, but i did not bother myself with optimization, to be honest. It could be much less, without any visual damage. Afterwards i managed to reduce amount of tris to about 1,5 million and upload it to SketchFab. You can check the model there: Rank 3 Police Unit - Download Free 3D model by nikvili (@nikvili) - Sketchfab

Impressive! I come from 3ds max too, and I’m amazed with the power and versatility of Blender. Good work :wink:

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: I almost dropped 3d stuff at some point, when i worked in 3ds max. Switching to blender returned my interest in it.

1 Like