Rapid Fire Particle Burst

(Bapsis) #1

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has a good techneique for fire blasts like machine gun and turrets type stuff? Any help would be muchly appreciated. :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

(rwenzlaff) #2

Get one burst working right. Set a time IPO that looks like this:
/|/|/|
for each burst.

the verticle segments have to be very verticle and between frames (or you’ll see your bullets flying back into the gun).

Bob

(Bapsis) #3

Hey bob,

Thanks for the reply, but to be perfectly honest i just have a vague idea of what you ment there.
Could you explain it in a little more detail, if it wouldnt be too too much trouble. :wink:
My approach was to have a continious “flame” and then just alter the particles alpha from on to off ever 6 frames, but for some reason i couldnt get the particles to go completly transparent, with the ztransp on of course. :wink:
Anywayz, i still need some help on this, as my mechbot ( http://www.elysiun.com/viewtopic.php?t=5716 ) needs some serious firepower hehe. :wink:

Thanks,
Matt

PS: About bullets going back into the gun, i dont even want to see the bullets, all i want to see is the particle fire flare out of the barrel of the gun, thanks. :wink:

(Bapsis) #4

Anyone…??? :frowning:

Matt

(banana_sock) #5

im not really sure how to get it 100%, but my idea would be to have the animation of one shot from the gun, and then give it a cyclic ipo. That way it should repeat itself and the flame will fade out after a few frames. How to do this im not entirely sure about…