Raptorex

It is still very sharp. Imo, it has to do with the color difference between the feathers and the skin. Feathers there do have a very bright stem, where they join the model.

There might be a way playing with opacity of the feathers. Graduating from low opacity (more transparent) to high opacity.

I tried that with opacity, it just looks like floating feathers on top of skin. I am sure I can match the skin color to the root and transition it to the feather color. I’ll give that a go.

1 Like

This seems much better no?

1 Like

4k version for a closer look. I think we have a final! What do you guys think?

1 Like

Much better, imo :slight_smile:

Sizes of feathers on jaw graduate from small to larger size. Above eye, feathers already start at larger size. Is it purpose?

Lol, that is the blur brush in the weight paint not doing its job properly :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have another pass at it to make them more even, nicely spotted! Thanks :slight_smile:

Here, made the starting on the head feathers even throughout :slight_smile:
I call this final really. Now I will focus on animating it. I think it looks good enough…
4k image currently rendering, will post once its done :wink:

1 Like

And here is the 4k render :slight_smile: Just that darn feather at the tip of the tail that is catching the highlights. Its not the color, its the angle, I have to fix that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

the feathers are really alpha maps? and how did you scatter them around the body?

@3DArtGuy, yep, particles.

Here is the final version, with fixed feathers that looks more realistic :slight_smile: no more shiny spot on the tail :wink:

i like the texture you made of it. nice :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply, busy animating and starting myself a patreon :stuck_out_tongue:

Canceled my patreon, it was pointless.

Very cool!! Maybe the spine is a little static?

Good job! :smiley:

Thanks Alejandro

When you say the spine is static, do you mean like stiff? Because it has a pretty good range, probably more then that animal ever had :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll post the animation once its done (still far from it :stuck_out_tongue: )

Here is some in scene various lighting scenarios. I really like the second one, in the light! Which ones do you like best?

I agree with you on the second one, but the first one is also pretty good. They really bring out the dynamic pose you gave him.

Thanks @Ace_Dragon :smile:

I like them all really, I think it came out rather fairly realistic :wink:

Here are some shots from ZBrush where I detailed the model and textured it.
I do not like Blender sculpting and texturing, probably since I’ve been using ZBrush since way before I used blender :stuck_out_tongue: SORRY BLENDER :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the final 4K rendered still image. Perfect for a desktop :slight_smile:

Next onto final animation in that sort of scenery.

Fixed grass and dandelions size since the Raptorex was about 1 meter tall. Trying to finalize the overall animation and then I’ll add final effects before rendering it all ! :sweat_smile: