Ray Mirror question

This may seem really basic, but I can’t seem to find anything about it, maybe I’m phrasing it wrong… Anyway, I was looking for a way to create the “mirror” effect (as achieved through the RayMirror feature) without an actual background.

What I mean is I want to render an object that reflects an image, but I want that object to be rendered on a transparent background for composting. :eek:

Also, somehow, when I render I turned the background to black, and I’d like it to be at blue for transparency.

Let me know if I’m confusing you, and any help is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

I think you’ve almost got it. Have the image be the world’s background, go into your ‘Render buttons’, change the ‘sky’ option to ‘premu’, change the image format from jpg to something that can handle transparency, like png, and change the ‘RGB’ option to ‘RGBA’. The background will still look black when you render, but if you save you’ll see the transparency.

you can click in the render pipeline part of the material panel ‘Z transparancy’ and then move the Alpha slider to set the amout of transparency, it render like 10 x quicker than 'raytrayced transparency '.
not sure if thats the answer to ur problem but im happy to help.