RAZOR

(PILER) #1

Heres a pic ive been working on for a few days, its finished unless i can get the flames to look any better.
All comments and Crits welcome - let me know what you think =).

http://www.geocities.com/piler_2001/razor.html

-Shawn

(theeth) #2

For the fire, maybe you should consider lowering the Add value, or better yet, animating it.

I like the texturing, it’s very good. The modelling too, and the focal blur adds that extra realism touch to it that a lot of pics lacks.

Martin

(Goo) #3

Very nice. The blades look very good, nice serrations. I like the holes/bumps especially. The flame looks pretty nice too. Only one question for you. What one earth is that?

Goo

(basse) #4

i like this much… colours and light… but, it has the same strange feeling as in the “CAGE” that was posted here before (dont remember the author right now) … it looks like miniature. it looks that is was supposed to be big and dangerous, but it actually looks really tiny… remote controlled car :slight_smile:

I think, it’s because the objects are big… if you would add small details, things like wires and bolts, and plates… it could change the proportions…

.b

(pofo) #5

I think it’s supposed to be like that basse, notice the cables to the left.

Very cool pic, preparing for F1 challenge already? :o

Only thing I don’t like is the cubes and the way the flamethrowers go into them.

1. pofo

(wewa_juicyb) #6

lol
Hey PILER, it doesn’t quite remind me of the robot-wars robot. I don’t remember Razor having a flame througher… maybe it’s just my memory. Nice model, did you ever get round to finishing the back?
Adues,
WeWa

(PILER) #7

Heh wewa i just looked at the real robot wars razor for like an idea, the only thing i really took from it was the spike thing at the top, and added the rest myself =).

Thanks for the replies guys

(Jolly Gnome) #8

Oi! That’s wonderful! :smiley:
Though… maybe the blades could be little thinner, so they’d look more sharp?
But anyhow, that is magnificient!

(DreamMaster) #9

Excellent texturing, modeling, and lighting. The flame doesn’t look right, but you already know that. I agree that you should try playing around with the “Add” slider button. Other than that, excellent overall. :slight_smile:

(blengine) #10

it rocks… i actually like the fire, looks like an fire from electric spark, not all fire looks like the usual soft flames people =)
pretty damn good razor robot! 8)

(Jolly Gnome) #11

I don’t know about others, but I think the flames are just fine, they look like flames from blowtorch… well, maybe a bit brighter would be better, but otherwise they’re just great

(Avatar) #12

just as wewa_juicyb already said, i also think tha the “robot-wars razor” is different…
or isn’t it supposed to look like it??

anywayz, it sure is a great picture.
well done,