Re: Networking in BGE

Hi there, I’m in my fourth year of college and my friends and I have decided to make a game for our final project. We’re still sorting out the pros and cons and being chock new to BGI, we were wondering if it is possible to use it to create a game that works over a network? A multiplayer game, that is? I checked the wiki and it doesn’t say anything about implementing one over a network.

Thanking you,
Timothy.

Network gaming with BGE isn’t supported “out of the box” so won’t be on the wiki, but with some Python wizardry it is possible.

Check out nano shooter for a recent example.

Good luck to your project. :slight_smile:

That’s good news! Thanks a lot for the reply, FunkyWyrm. I don’t think learning python will be that hard. So if the the review board approves of the project then blender it is.
T.

There’s also a 2 players ping-pong game over network around here. Can’t remember the name but I tried it and it worked pretty well!

I don’t know if this will help, but being new to Blender myself, I’ve been doing a LOT of tutorials and researching functions. Ran across this link, but haven’t had a lot of time to dig into it yet …

http://homepage.bluewin.ch/oldjimandwife/OJW-HP/php/home/index.php?en=wsag.html

Hope it helps …

Thank you. Will look into that. Seems useful.