Re-pathHard Drive?

Hey everybody,

Uh, I’ve got kind of an issue. I have an external hard drive, with the path of F:\ now. All of my blender projects on that drive are used to grabbing textures from G:\ (the path the external was before the computer crashed.) Some of my projects have tons of textures, so going to each texture path and changing G:\ to F:\ is really annoying. So, is there any way to re-name my ‘F:’ hard drive to ‘G:’, or any way to just redesignate where blender looks for textures?
Thanks, and Happy Holidays,
Alex

What version of windows do you use? In windowsXP pro and at least some vista versions (definitely ultimate, I don’t know which elses) have a setting in the control panel called “administrative services” or something similar.
In it there is a disk management program that can do what you want. watch out for what you do with it, because it can also remove/format/resize partitions and you don’t ant to do that.

I believe that in older versions of windows you can click with the right mouse button on the drive and somewhere in there you can change that setting.

Hope you can find it now, I can’t check where the settings are exactly because i run linux.

or any way to just redesignate where blender looks for textures?

User preferences —> file paths ----> textures ???