Reaching 1500+ people

(azrael) #1

Almost at the release of Blender, Hopfuly this will bring more people to the community. How do you think we could spred the word?

I have managed to get blender to 1500+ people in my community …
After convincing my computers teacher that blender was worth the learning curve, I managed to get blender avalable on all of the school computers. MY scholol goes from grade 1 - 12, so this is quite an achevement.

Some times I see people open it up and start playing with the buttons to see if they can figure it out. It’s great seeing them try. :slight_smile:

(kai_yak) #2

Hello,

That is a really cool way to introduce blender to new and younger user.
I have done the same thing in the 1000 student high school were i work. It will start beeing tought in september.

I sure hope many kids will be trilled by blender capability.

Kai

(CurtisS) #3

Oh great!! Now I have to compete with 1st graders!! :slight_smile:

Way to go Kai_yak, the younger the better. Are helping to teach people to use it? Maybe you could post some of their work or encourage to them to enter contests. It’s a great way to learn Blender.

(wiensta) #4

haha great,

a few thousand more newbies on the forums asking things like: “wheres the raytracing button??” and “why isnt there an undo button??”

thanks a bunch!!

(rivenwanderer) #5

Maybe you should print up some cool tutorials and leave them lying around in strategic areas :stuck_out_tongue:

(Pablosbrain) #6

I’m starting an Intro to 3D class in town at our local community college. And we will be using blender. I will aslo be showing them Lightwave and Max just so they know about them. The class is mainly to get a basic understanding of 3D… Not to become good. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m trying to get them to think more about 3D, Multimedia and video courses at the college as that would lead to me teaching more classes there. We’ll see. I currently teach Beginning and Advanced Web Design (read HTML Code).