Reading at Night

(Elsdon) #1

Rendered in cycles, 1000 passes. Lit with a single light emitting sphere behind the flame.
Thanks in advance for any and all comments.
Els

0 Likes

(cad_73) #2

Nicely done! I wanna know more about the candle.

0 Likes

(downfall61) #3

I think texturing might use some improvements (floor, curtain, book covers, but mainly the floor) , but lovely atmosphere. I’m not so educated about great object placement (composition), but looks ok to me, only I think that the glasses would look better if they wouldn’t face towards the camera. :slight_smile:

Also, I think that the picture would overally improve if the glasses would be some oldschool round Lenon style glasses instead of these, but that’s just my opinion.

0 Likes

(Elsdon) #4

Thanks guys for the comments.
Downfall, I tried changing the glasses angle but doing so only (for some reason I couldn’t figure out) gave the lenses a flat black non translucent appearance, so I was sorta stuck with that angle. The glasses themselves are modeled after a pair I own. I bought them in high school (dating myself here) because they are “Ben Franklin” and Roger McGuinn and the Byrds were at their peak. McGuinn wore a trademark pair. Of course back then they were called Granny Glasses. At any rate, I did some research a few years ago as the case has the optometrist’s name and city on it. Apparently the were made between a1870 and 1876. Any way I guess that’s enough over share on those.
Silver Moon, what can I tell you about the candle. It is really no more than a cylinder with displacement modifier and a few meta balls as dripping wax. The flame was added post-production in Gimp.
Els

0 Likes