real physics gravel shot (with rope physics) help

i’ve posted a thread before and the people helped me uch with basics of starting the game, and this is an update to it, i know that in my previous thread, a person posted a “hook.blend” and it was good but i realized that it wasn’t what i wanted though, it help me to start.
this is a vedio from what i’m trying to recreat, and yes it’s from an anime name attack on titans, and i love it

so the problem is that the file only does a aim shoot draw, and it is shown that it is capable of doin the action in 1:19
but in the game i’m trying to recreate, i’m aiming for the rope physics too, ok, let me explain myself, the gravel only does regester a point and the object moves to that point, but with rope physics, if you’re rope is in contact with objects, ie the wall or ai enimies, you would be registered with a new point of center of rotation therefore would happen something in 1:10, this is what i’m tyring to include with my gravel, but i have absoult no clue as to where i should start again, i’m still only toughing with the BGE for not more than a month, so if anyone can give me what i need to learn (from the basics of basics (i don’t know to use python)) and with (preferably) a link as to where can i learn it, then i would be rejoyced, i’m expecting to learn it for about 3-6 months?
oh, just to add to it too, it would be great if for example, you fly low, and then using your rope and the giant’s foot as a contact point, you excert force on the giant the therefore making it to come off balanced (1:26), the gravel only have the shoot option, and it automaticly retrives when the distance between you and the gravel head has passed a certain length or that you are positioned more than 120 degrees from the orginal shooting point.
and i’m also tyring to add a tatacts side to the game too, i modeled what i think it’s needed, and when i mean tatactics i mean you set up traps in your feild before hand (and traps takes a certain time to setup) and the you fly there and then the trap activated and stops the giant temperaroly (1:59 - 2:18)

so the problem is that the file only does a aim shoot draw, and it is shown that it is capable of doin the action in 1:19
but in the game i’m trying to recreate, i’m aiming for the rope physics too, ok, let me explain myself, the gravel only does regester a point and the object moves to that point, but with rope physics, if you’re rope is in contact with objects, ie the wall or ai enimies, you would be registered with a new point of center of rotation therefore would happen something in 1:10, this is what i’m tyring to include with my gravel

I already told you you don’t need such thing. When you have gravity pulling down and another force pulling you towards a point that will result in swing motion, like in real world physics. You don’t need to worry about “center of rotation”.

but i have absoult no clue as to where i should start again, i’m still only toughing with the BGE for not more than a month, so if anyone can give me what i need to learn (from the basics of basics (i don’t know to use python)) and with (preferably) a link as to where can i learn it

That’s because this project is probably too big to be your first project. You should make something more simple in BGE first to get to know the basics. Search Youtube for “my first BGE” stuff.

You’re going to get a lot of advice and examples here but people aren’t going to make all the specific technical layout and designing, testing and writing various python scripts for you and neither are they going to hold your hand as you do it yourself.

i’m expecting to learn it for about 3-6 months?
You are never done with learning and I don’t think you will know enough of BGE in 6 months to have your game finished.

Your English and spelling is not making this any easier.

gravel > GRAPPLE
toughing > learning?
excert > excert?
tatacts > tactics
tatactics
>use full stops and paragraphs, not just commas

Please put some effort into asking for help if you wish others to put effort into helping you. And be humble, scale down and start small.

ok, soy for various things, but please do not that english is my third language + i have dyslexia, so spelling is bad, and fo now, i shall take your advice and pause this project for now
thankyou for your replies

Ok. But try to keep your ideas and you can return to them when you’ve learned a bit more about BGE. Math/physics knowledge always helps as well as you’re going to be dealing with forces, acceleration, velocity, vectors and matrices when you want to work on that game idea, on BGE or any other platform.

I don’t mean to nitpick about grammar and spelling, only ask for more effort to express yourself when it’s so bad it’s hard to figure what the other person really means. And whether English is your first language or not doesn’t matter really. Some of the worst examples of written English are actually native speakers. I know 5 languages myself and English is not the my native language either. Even if you’re not good at English and not sure about some word you can always do dictionary search for definition or even google image search. For example Gravel vs Grapple :slight_smile:

Since you mentioned the rope getting caught on things and changing the pivot point, I wanted to see what I could come up with. After a bit of work, I was able to make this:

It was by no means easy, and it’s still fairly buggy in its current form. Here’s the blend if you want to look at it (about 400 lines of code). It has a couple scenes you can mess around with.
rope.blend (720 KB)

Note that the rope uses ray casting instead of physics since constructing the rope out of physics objects would very quickly put too much load on Bullet as the rope gets longer.

As Kheetor noted, your goals for this game seem to be very high for your currently understanding of the BGE and Python. You should definitely work on something simpler until you’ve built up your skills. Looking at other people’s projects and code can help you learn as well.

thankyou again for your advice, and i’ve finished learning how to make a character to move with animation, but i think maybe i should learn python next seeing that python could be used to make different things possible that the BGE doesn’t include, so any advices as to where can i learn phython for this kind of topic?

• python is not limited to blender, so it would be very useful to other stuff too