Realistic adipocyte ( fat cell )

I figured it out the most efficient way to make realistic fibers around fat cell recently.
Firstly I used shrinkwrap modifier to create shell mesh outside the cell mass, then I found expand cloth filter in sculpting mode is a much better solution than shrinkwrap

Cloth brush is really a game-changer! It makes it easier to create biological models.
And here is my other biomedical artworks ~
https://www.artstation.com/icrdr

23 Likes

Wow that looks very good. Can you explain a bit more how you use the cloth filter and brush to do this?

2 Likes

Sure! It is quite simple: first, add the “collision” property to the cell mass, then create a sphere that covers the cell mass, apply the expand cloth filter (reverse) in sculpting mode. It gives the effect like shrinkwrap but much more soomther.

3 Likes

Great image! What I am wondering is how you got the fiber texture itself, it looks really good. Is it procedural or an imagemap with a lot of transparency or what?

1 Like

Incredible detail- very nice.

This reminds me of the time I accidentally slashed my finger open, and saw what looked a lot like that. I’d say it’s pretty realistic. Great job! :smiley:

I tried procedural way to generate fibers but failed. I need a more controlled way to distribute the fibers, so the texture paint with cobweb texture is much more faster and controllable in my view.

Many thanks!

That must be hurt! :open_mouth:

And thanks for the compliment!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!