Realistic Female Head (again)

Coming along soundly, looks nice.

Could you post a wire?
Because otherwise, the images still have an illusion of things being “faked” with the texture, like around the mouth and the nose/nostrils (the ear?)? But I could be wrong.

Keep up the good work.

hmm my avatar is from serial experiments lain (i didn’t done it ;/ )
i could make my own but im known here from this one ;p
oh and how do you want the hair to be made, particles and curve guides ?

If you do post your wireframe, make sure you put black squares over the poles so nobody cheats and copies your mesh topology, LMAO :smiley:

thanks all.
I’ll post wires at some stage, (long story.) and without black squares - I’m all for the open learning off this forum as it’s how I learnt half the stuff I know now. (Good to see another Aussie Blenderhead pheonix123!)
Also, hair will be jahkas new particles, I might hold off a few months till they are finished and integrated, hopefully with a bit more documentation…

Hi All,

Almost got to show Steven Stahlberg this work in person, missed out by one guy in the queue/30 seconds! For those who know his work, you’ll understand, for those of you who don’t, hes an internationally respected artist for the whole ‘realistic young cg women’ thing and wrote the chapter on eyes in the book I keep mentioning about how I learnt certain tricks for this piece. I’m currently at the AEAF (Australian Effects and Animation Festival) and there was a group of people asking him stuff after his session so I thought I’d wait in turn and give it a shot, see if he had any comments… then got kicked out just before my go for a Autodesk user group meeting of all things. Grr. Turns out the president of CGSociety (and co-authour of that same book) was standing behind me as well.

So no new renders if thats what you checked this thread for, sorry. But http://www.androidblues.com/ is the website of Steven Stahlberg, not much in the way of tutorials, he generally teaches a (paid) 6 week series on the whole cg human process.

Hehe that’s so cool that you’ve been able to see them and go there. I wanted to buy that book some time ago but it was just too expensive at the time, and still is I’m afraid (actually it was mainly the cost of postage to SA, Amazon didn’t sell it at that time, maybe I should check it again)

Very nice work!
I cant wait till I can do that!

Cheers!
Neil